Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Men are From Mars, Women are From Venus
I love this day...the day before we find out the gender of the baby. Why, because tomorrow at 10:30 it will be all over, the excitement of wondering which one it is...dreaming of brothers thick and thin or sisters to the end. This anticipation for me is the most fun. I love the days leading up to finding out. I couldn't ever be one of those people who waited to find out, but I can see now how fun it would be. There is way too much planner inside me to wait. We have our names picked out and that nursery will be planned out before the close of business day tomorrow. I also have some things ready to go to the monogrammer...I know, big surprise. This time around I truly don't care which one. I know people say that all the time, but this time it really doesn't matter to me. If I was forced to choose, I would say boy. Gregg and I always dreamed we would have 2 boys and a girl. There is also part of me that wants Callie to be the only girl. But, in the next breath, I want Christian to be the brave big brother protecting his little sisters. I have a step sister, but we aren't close and miles kept us from living together. I grew up mostly an only child since Vance 2 is 14 years younger than me, so I also dreamed of having a sister. My mom has tons of sisters which makes for a blast at weddings and a hot mess when the drama takes off. Gregg has one brother Pat and they are very close, so I would love that for Christian. There is a little bit of me that is scared about having another girl with a "big" personality like Miss Callie. Equally, I don't know if my heart can take another adventourous little boy. A girl would be less expensive on the front end since we have all of Callie's stuff and bedding and...well...let's just say...our little boy will be naked since I sold or gave away all of little man's stuff. Oh...I can hardly stand it. Only about 18 more hours to go. Mother of the Bride or Team Mom? Blue or Pink? Mars or Venus?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am just a girl trying to matter to God, my husband, my kids, family and friends. Sometimes I hop two steps forward and crawl one step back or even have to make a twirl to get back on track. But, I hope to give more than I take and have some fun along the way. Stop by for a couple of dances and cut in when you can.
I met Gregg when I was 17 and have been madly in love with him ever since. He is selfless, works really hard, and will do anything for anyone. He really is “that” nice all the time and he makes me a better person. He loves anything outdoors and runs like Forrest any chance he gets. He makes a mean bbq, dances with the kids to Elmo, and leaves cards for us to find all over the house. He is everything I could have ever dreamed of, and I am so proud to be his wife.
Mr. Christian has bluest eyes and is full of life. He is “all boy” and jumps from one adventure to the next. He loves trains, watermelon, and his blankie. He is polite, kind, and has tons of charisma with his little grin. He is a great big brother and gives in to girls more than they deserve. He is Daddy’s little buddy and the joy of my heart.
Miss Callie is everything I ever dreamed up in a little girl. She is about everything and everybody and never sits still. She loves all things girly, babies, mommy’s cell phone, pink, and her pillow. She has a laugh that starts in her toes and will melt you with her smile. She dances through our house in princess dresses with a pen and pad in her hand. She is mama’s little helper and Daddy’s Sweet Pea.
Cate is the icing on the cake. God knew she would be the perfect compliment to our family. She loves necklaces, animals, and her loveys. She has just enough girly to hang with Callie at her tea parties, but already shows a special bond with her big brother loving his superheros. She is a typical third child getting whatever she wants with those deep dimples of hers.

I can't wait to hear! You will have to text me to let me know. Yay! I don't know why, but I am thinking pink. Since I am usually wrong, it is probably a boy. Hugs!
ReplyDelete