Well, maybe that is the point...that this is my life...them...the little people...my job...to be their mom come what may or may not.
I want to remind myself not to take my job for granted. When I want to run away or hide under the covers and pretend like this isn't really my life, I am reminded that while there are some moms who are thankful they don't have my crazy life. I am reminded more often that there are even more moms who would trade places with me in a second. Every so often there are those things that just shake you to the core. Recently, one of my really good friend's family buried their 4 yr cousin named Christian because of a horrible accident. Of course the mom's name just happens to be Jennifer. Even though I don't know them since they are extended family of my friends, seeing your son's name and the words horrible accident and he didn't make it all in the same sentence took my breath away. I hope I am able to be reminded often by her story that we need to live in the moment, focus on the stuff that matters, and lighten up a little...I am sure she would do anything right now to be cleaning up pee off the train table and purple paint off the floor.
I know for sure I will have many more days when I feel stretched, weary and want to complain, but I will not take my job for granted.
I will not take for granted that there are moms who wish their child could hold a paint brush when I find gobbs of purple paint on my carpet.
I will not take for granted that there are moms a couple doors down from me in the ER at Children's Hospital that wish all their precious little girl had was a 105 fever.
I will not take for granted all of my exhaustion, curves, and symptoms as I am reminded of all of the empty wombs and moms longing for a family.
I will not take for granted that there are moms who wish they could just take their two toddlers for a well visit and all they leave with is frustration with how they ripped up all the paper on the table instead of with a referral for some specialist.
I will not take for granted that there are moms who wish they could hear little feet coming down the hall at 3am just one more time.
I will not take for granted the look on the wide eyed moms faces at the special needs office coming in for the first time to get their child evaluated, while my child gets the all clear.
I will not take for granted all of the "you have your hands full" comments as a empty handed mom looks on from the table next to us.
I will not take for granted the endless Mommy, Mommy, Mommy as I watched a Mom with longing eyes in the waiting room at the speech office for her son to connect with her at any level.
I will not take for granted all the wiped noses, dried tears, and changed sheets...
because it is my job...and I love it...because I love them.
But, even more than that...Superman and Miss Sassy are depending on me to show up to work everyday.
I am just a girl trying to matter to God, my husband, my kids, family and friends. Sometimes I hop two steps forward and crawl one step back or even have to make a twirl to get back on track. But, I hope to give more than I take and have some fun along the way. Stop by for a couple of dances and cut in when you can.
I met Gregg when I was 17 and have been madly in love with him ever since. He is selfless, works really hard, and will do anything for anyone. He really is “that” nice all the time and he makes me a better person. He loves anything outdoors and runs like Forrest any chance he gets. He makes a mean bbq, dances with the kids to Elmo, and leaves cards for us to find all over the house. He is everything I could have ever dreamed of, and I am so proud to be his wife.
Mr. Christian has bluest eyes and is full of life. He is “all boy” and jumps from one adventure to the next. He loves trains, watermelon, and his blankie. He is polite, kind, and has tons of charisma with his little grin. He is a great big brother and gives in to girls more than they deserve. He is Daddy’s little buddy and the joy of my heart.
Miss Callie is everything I ever dreamed up in a little girl. She is about everything and everybody and never sits still. She loves all things girly, babies, mommy’s cell phone, pink, and her pillow. She has a laugh that starts in her toes and will melt you with her smile. She dances through our house in princess dresses with a pen and pad in her hand. She is mama’s little helper and Daddy’s Sweet Pea.
Cate is the icing on the cake. God knew she would be the perfect compliment to our family. She loves necklaces, animals, and her loveys. She has just enough girly to hang with Callie at her tea parties, but already shows a special bond with her big brother loving his superheros. She is a typical third child getting whatever she wants with those deep dimples of hers.
SO GOOD!!! made me tear up! I loved reading this!
ReplyDelete