Monday, October 22, 2012

Callie Reece - almost 4

After not blogging for over a year, I have decided I need and want to start again and Blogger hates me for some reason.  It won't let me load more than one picture.  So, even though I wasn't going to start with this post, I will anyway. 



Dearest Callie Reece,
Almost 4 years ago, I was handed the most precious screaming 8.14oz baby girl.  That day feels like yesterday.  I remember thinking I couldn't wait until you were old enough to have a tea party.  And now you are, and I am little sad.  I wish I could remember every thing about when you were tiny.  How your hair smelled right out of the bath or how your would stand on the side of your crib just waiting for us to come and get you out.  How your big smile turned from all gums to a mouth full of teeth in just a few short months.  I wish I could remember how it felt holding you in the white rocking chair grandma gave me and how you would lay on my tummy and fall asleep to the rhythm of sucking on your pacy.  I wish I could go back and bottle up your first laugh.  But, that isn't how life works.  I can choose to live in this moment of your 4th year.  I wonder what this year will bring.  You have grown so much physically and emotionally this year.  Not so much a little girl, not so much a big girl yet.  You are so much fun.  You are a morning person and hit the ground running as soon as the sun comes up.  You are happy everyday to see what adventures we might go on.  You are finding your place as our middle child.  You are Christian's best friend and a great big sister to Cate.  Every morning, you climb in her crib and sing to her.  You make up your own songs and still say the cutest words like lemlade(lemonade) and hopsicle(popsicle).  I don't want you to ever say those words correctly.  You are obsessed with dance outfits and change your clothes 10 times a day.  You are a girly girl and sneak lipstick to school in your bag.  We have so much fun together on the days C is at school.  You can hang and run errands and are helpful with our lists.  You love a good sale like your mama.  You would choose candy over a toy any day.  You are really good at swinging and pumping your legs.  You can finally ride your bike as good as you brother.  We fight over your clothes, the way I fix your hair, your nail polish...everyday.  You do not like wearing jeans or shorts, dresses and leggins are your go to outfits.  You love school and ballet class and told me you wanted to be a dancer when you grow up.  You can write all your letters and have a pen in your hand at all times.  You also write on everything like my car seats, the walls, yourself, your siblings, toys, you name it.  You are a little afraid of dogs and ants(since you got bit by tons of them this summer).  You have such a servant's heart and are very helpful.  You will put out the dinner plates and make sure everyone has everything we need.  You are always thinking of others and won't let me buy anything without making sure C gets something too.  You exhaust me with your sassy attitude and fit pitching.  You seem to "get it" and there is no putting anything past you.  You are paying attention to everything...always.  Very soon we will not be able to spell anything if we don't want you to know what we are talking about.  You love going over to Mimi's house for your special dates.  You are a daddy's girl and seem to get jealous more now that Cate is becoming a daddy's girl too.  You dance everywhere you go.  I love you so much and thank God every day for letting me be your mama.  Happy Birthday Week to my sweet baby girl, Mommy 

2 comments:

Please leave me some love! It's my favorite part!