Friday, April 1, 2011

My Name is Catherine...with a C.

It has really started to sink in...two girls.  Oh, I hope they are the best of friends.  I do feel a little sorry for C, I mean he already has two mamas.  But, I bet he will be a great husband after living with two sisters.  We are busying getting out all of Callie's bedding and getting her room ready.  A little paint, a , new bed skirt, couple of new pillows, a glider from Jenn Hill and we will be ready to go.  I don't know why I ever doubted that she would be a girl, one named Catherine.  We had picked out our names months ago and had settled on Henry Bradford (Hank) for a boy and Catherine Raine (Cate) for a girl.  We debated about how to spell Catherine, but of course since both of our other kids have C names we didn't want her to feel left out.  I figure she will be forever telling people how to spell her name.  Catherine...with a C....Stahl...with a H.  When I started bleeding in Jan and had to go to the ER, they had a hard time taking my blood.  My doctor said that from the amount of blood, it sounded like a miscarriage and they needed my blood work to be sent up in case they needed to do a DNC right away.  So, before they did anything else, they needed some blood.  I am a hard stick.  I tell them this every time, and they never believe me.  So, after 3 times of trying both arms and once in my hand, they called in reinforcements.  A very attractive black lady that I assumed wasn't from America from her accent comes right over(this info is important to the story).  She was as kind and as gentle as could be.  I told her that if she could get the needle in on the first try, then I would name this baby after her.  She got it on the first try, and then I started to panic a little, I wonder what cool exotic name she had.  I wonder if she knew I obviously wasn't serious about the whole naming my precious child after a stranger that I just met.  And as calmly and confidently as she could, she put her hand on my arm and said, "My name is Catherine, with a C". 

I started crying and said, of course it is. 

God has such a way of letting you know everything is going to be OK.  He gave me that piece of hope to get me through the next 3 hours of waiting to see her dancing around on the ultrasound without a care in the world. 

Catherine Raine, God has big plans for you and we are so very thankful he chose you for our family.     

2 comments:

  1. What a cool story! I got chill bumps reading it! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that made me tear up this morning. Beautiful story to tell sweet Cate one day.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love! It's my favorite part!