Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sugar and Spice

Catherine Raine Stahl aka Cate aka Baby Cakes according to big sister Callie is scheduled to arrive July 22, 2011 at 12:30.  We had so much fun today at our ultrasound.  Because we had to change our appointment, we brought the kids with us, and I am glad that we did.  The tech printed each of them their own picture of baby sister.  Callie fell asleep in her car seat on the way home still holding her picture.  She is going to be a great big sister.   C was concerned at first when I got on the table and offered me his blanket if I was scared.  It still amazes me everytime I see an ultrasound.  I know there is a living human inside of me, but 99% of the time, I am just making it to the next day.  But, once again, I am reminded that it is a miracle.  She was just as sweet as can be flexing her long legs and putting her hands up by her mouth.  Maybe she will be a thumb sucker like her brother.  She was opening and closing her mouth and her little heart was just beating away.  And it was 142 for all of the old wives tales out there.  They checked for all kinds of things and showed us her little lips, the areas of her brain, and how her kidneys and tummy were already functioning.  Oh, it is such a blessing to be able to do this again.  They have already scheduled my c-section and I have to say, that makes it very real(as if the basketball in my tummy doesn't). 

We can't wait to meet you baby girl #2. 

blowing us kisses

Miss Long Legs

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! Congrats on another baby girl. And I LOVE her name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! Congrats! I love her name! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love! It's my favorite part!