See this little boy right here? The one waiting on a train with his hands all folded and chubby? The one that made me a Mommy?
Well, that title is long gone...I am very sad to say that I am Mom, not Mommy. Daddy has been Dad for sometime now, but it finally made its way over to me. That was a fast three years. We just had his 3 year check up. Poor December birthdays. Doctors don't even see kids at the end of December in our practice. He barely even grew this year as he eats...hmmmm....nothing. I guess I wasn't really worried since he seemed to be such a big baby. But, we are going to see if we can add some fat to his diet to see if it helps. Remember the whole last 18 months of speech therapy and how everyone said that I would regret paying someone to get him to talk? Well, I had that thought for sure recently as I wished he would just hush. He has just exploded with talking and singing and pitching fits and laughing so hard it hurts his belly and hitting his sister and being so darn cute. My favorite thing about Christan is that he is really a kind little boy. He has really started to show empathy and is noticing if someone is hurt or sad. One night I was felling pretty yucky and was laying on the bed. He said, Mom, lay right here down with me. I got you, Mom. Its ok, I got you. Here have one of my blankies. You feel better, Mom? Dad, Mom's sick. I got you, Mom. It brought tears to my eyes to see his tender heart trying to ease the pain of another. Even though he will knock Callie out several times a day, he is such a good big brother to her. He says, Mom, Callie crying, go help her. I heard him tell her in bed the other night, its ok Callie, I am here. He will let her choose what color she wants and give into her...everytime. He was acting really tired the other day, so I kept him home from school. Callie was at biblestudy, so we had the whole morning to ourselves. I had to go to Wal-Mart and got him some candy on the way out. He ran out of the store and said, Mom, this is the best day ever. Then I was putting him in the car seat and he said, I hanging with Mommy today. Ahhh...I might just keep him out of school more often. I just I didn't realize that he never gets along time with me. I am going to make it a priority to date him. He went with me to my dr. appointment. He told me, it is ok, it isn't scary. I told him to sit on the seat until the dr came in. As soon as he came in, he flew off the chair and came and held my hand. He is starting to get very protective and I have to admit, I liked it. He held my hand the whole time during the appointment like he had it all under control. He was so good the whole morning. Makes me wonder if it isn't the sibling combo that makes our life more crazy. His prayers are the sweetest thing ever. Recently, he prayed for Papa and Jack(yes, the country kitchen down the road from us). He really wants to do the right thing even when he doesn't. He will say he is sorry even with it isn't his fault. I am soooooo sorry, I can't believe it, Oh Dear, and You not listening to myself are his favorite phrases nowadays. He channels Linus and Eeyore...as he loves his blanket and is a little slow to get moving sometimes. He is starting to sleep in...Praise Jesus and all things Holy. The potty train came to visit him a couple more times, but luckily seems to be stopping off at other little boy's houses instead of ours. The frequent stops was sending this mama over the edge. He doesn't really have to pick up his toys, get his shoes, or even wipe his hiney since he has a "big" sister to do it for him. He is a man's man, loves Pa, Grandpy, PaPa, and Matt Brinkley. He is learning to wrestle and I feel sorry for all of his matches, since he has such a high pain tolerance. He will not be the one crying at the end...you have been warned. He still really like Thomas, bandaids, trains, his Dad, peanut butter, blankets, baby pajamas, and changing his clothes tons of times a day.
Little Man, you make Mommy so happy. I am loving seeing the little boy God has made you to be with your curious spirit and tender heart. I love you very much.
Monday, January 31, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am just a girl trying to matter to God, my husband, my kids, family and friends. Sometimes I hop two steps forward and crawl one step back or even have to make a twirl to get back on track. But, I hope to give more than I take and have some fun along the way. Stop by for a couple of dances and cut in when you can.
I met Gregg when I was 17 and have been madly in love with him ever since. He is selfless, works really hard, and will do anything for anyone. He really is “that” nice all the time and he makes me a better person. He loves anything outdoors and runs like Forrest any chance he gets. He makes a mean bbq, dances with the kids to Elmo, and leaves cards for us to find all over the house. He is everything I could have ever dreamed of, and I am so proud to be his wife.
Mr. Christian has bluest eyes and is full of life. He is “all boy” and jumps from one adventure to the next. He loves trains, watermelon, and his blankie. He is polite, kind, and has tons of charisma with his little grin. He is a great big brother and gives in to girls more than they deserve. He is Daddy’s little buddy and the joy of my heart.
Miss Callie is everything I ever dreamed up in a little girl. She is about everything and everybody and never sits still. She loves all things girly, babies, mommy’s cell phone, pink, and her pillow. She has a laugh that starts in her toes and will melt you with her smile. She dances through our house in princess dresses with a pen and pad in her hand. She is mama’s little helper and Daddy’s Sweet Pea.
Cate is the icing on the cake. God knew she would be the perfect compliment to our family. She loves necklaces, animals, and her loveys. She has just enough girly to hang with Callie at her tea parties, but already shows a special bond with her big brother loving his superheros. She is a typical third child getting whatever she wants with those deep dimples of hers.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave me some love! It's my favorite part!