Leonard is a great man, hard working and loves his family so much. He learned how to be a carpenter from his Dad, Leonard Sr. He is amazing with his hands even though he wore a suit for most of his career. He fell in love with Nancy when they were very young(much to her family's protest) and took her all over the states when he was drafted. They had two adorable boys to which Jess and I are very grateful and had a pretty traditional life. Gregg talks about Pizza Nights on Fridays, big breakfasts on Sats and Steak and Potatoes on Sunday.
He has taught his boys to always kiss their wives right when they walk in the door, help clean up the dishes, and he is very thoughtful with birthday presents. He has been a great provider and the rock in his extended family. He loves Nancy unconditionally and is an amazing son to his mom, Callie. He loves hole in the wall places to eat, but doesn't like "stupid" people. He often calls out of the blue to say he is in the neighborhood...to come and see the kids. He would drop anything to come and help us out, with our car or our leaking ceiling.
Leonard and I have this special bond. We are both business type people and love to discuss the latest news. I always listen to his stories. He told me I was the daugter he never had and that makes me very happy. He and Nancy really value education and were very encouraging to me during college.
We knew Leonard was going to be a "good" grandpa, but we didn't know he was going to be a "great" grandpa. He is so loving with the kids. He and C have this special thing about reading books right when he comes in the door. Callie has even come around and become Pa's girl. I think be bribed her with Reeces. He bought C his first fishing pole and told him today that once his boo boo heals, he will take him fishing. This picture is so sweet. C is rubbing his hair as Pa is talking to him. C keeps saying "it is ok Pa, I got you". Little Buddy makes me tear up with his sweet sensitive side.
I know that Gregg is the man he is a lot because of his Dad. Gregg is an excellent employee, does the right thing, protects me at all costs, and actually does the dishes. I know this is because he had a great example at home.
Lots of birthday kisses and homemade cards.
Happy Birthday Pa...we love you very much.
I am just a girl trying to matter to God, my husband, my kids, family and friends. Sometimes I hop two steps forward and crawl one step back or even have to make a twirl to get back on track. But, I hope to give more than I take and have some fun along the way. Stop by for a couple of dances and cut in when you can.
I met Gregg when I was 17 and have been madly in love with him ever since. He is selfless, works really hard, and will do anything for anyone. He really is “that” nice all the time and he makes me a better person. He loves anything outdoors and runs like Forrest any chance he gets. He makes a mean bbq, dances with the kids to Elmo, and leaves cards for us to find all over the house. He is everything I could have ever dreamed of, and I am so proud to be his wife.
Mr. Christian has bluest eyes and is full of life. He is “all boy” and jumps from one adventure to the next. He loves trains, watermelon, and his blankie. He is polite, kind, and has tons of charisma with his little grin. He is a great big brother and gives in to girls more than they deserve. He is Daddy’s little buddy and the joy of my heart.
Miss Callie is everything I ever dreamed up in a little girl. She is about everything and everybody and never sits still. She loves all things girly, babies, mommy’s cell phone, pink, and her pillow. She has a laugh that starts in her toes and will melt you with her smile. She dances through our house in princess dresses with a pen and pad in her hand. She is mama’s little helper and Daddy’s Sweet Pea.
Cate is the icing on the cake. God knew she would be the perfect compliment to our family. She loves necklaces, animals, and her loveys. She has just enough girly to hang with Callie at her tea parties, but already shows a special bond with her big brother loving his superheros. She is a typical third child getting whatever she wants with those deep dimples of hers.

Great pictures, and a sweet post! Happy Birthday, Pa!
ReplyDelete