Saturday, July 24, 2010

My Bucket List

I am not a list maker.  My mom well, lets just say...she keeps the post-it note people in business.  I have tons of little stacks of notepads empty and until recently never even made a list to go to the store.  I know, seems crazy I have made it all my life without checking things off.  I even have a friend...ummm....you might even know her...that adds things to her list she already did that day so she can check them off.  But, I want to make a Bucket List...loved the movie and I am not getting any younger.  5 years ago I was supposed to swim with the dolphins for my 30th birthday in Mexico and it got cancelled the day of(and no I am not bitter about it at all), and it is still something I want to do.  I also read Gone With The Wind last year and that was on my list...you know, the list in my head.

So, I am taking the list out of my head and putting it on the screen.  Maybe that will help me check it off.

1.  Swim with dolphins
2.  Ride in a Hot Air Balloon, I know I will be scared to death, but there is something about seeing one in the air that just seems so magical
3.  Finish Callie's one year Blurb book
4.  Sleep in a hut on the beach on an island
5.  Volunteer in the Hosea Feed the Hungry at Thanksgiving or Christmas
6.  Go to the Macy's Day Thanksgiving parade
7.  Eat pineapple while sitting in a chair overlooking the water in Hawaii
8.  Spend the night in Cinderella's castle(I mean, we could win the lottery and be able to stay there)
9.  Do a fun race/sports event with my husband
10.Read one of the "classics" every year
11.Write a children's book and have Gregg illustrate it
12.Cut a Christmas Tree down from a farm that the kids pick out
13.Visit one state each year that we haven't been to, last year was Maryland
14.Read the whole bible
15.Learn to sew
16.See U2 in concert since it didn't work out the last two times I had tickets
17.Call Dave Ramsey's show and tell him that we are debt free
18.Take all of my pictures from the boxes and put them in books
19.Drive accross county in an RV
20.Take Salsa lessons

Well, that is it for now...but I will keep adding and subtracting from the list. 

Now, go and make yours if you haven't already. 

1 comment:

  1. Great idea, Jen! I have some items that are similar to yours--how I look forward to the day when i can call Dave Ramsey, too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love! It's my favorite part!