Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Poop in the Butt

Note to self:  Do not say things to your child that you don't want him to repeat at extremely high decibles in a crowded bathroom.  Mommy, I have poop in the butt.  Remember when I said that I was done with potty training back in May?  Well, we took a break in June.  I was taking a break anyway.  I personally do not like public bathrooms.  I avoid them at all costs.  So, this break was good for me to prolong having to visit disgusting public bathrooms with thing 1 and thing 2.  C, on the other hand was running and hiding and disrobing 2 to 3 times day and peeing or pooping on the floor.  He would scream to wear his "panties" and said he didn't want to wear diapers.  Ok, you don't have to wear diapers, but you DO have to go in the potty.  We have had some good days and some messy days. But, yesterday was our first "real" accident free day.  He seems to have the naps down, but hasn't quite mastered the "tell mommy" before you go.  I know there are more accidents in my future, but we are celebrating this day for sure.  I am also sure that your method of potty training has everything to do with how much bodily fluids you are willing to deal with.  Some people are all underwear families, some pull up families, or some combo in between.  I have found that cleaning up poop from a pull-up is really not that much different than underwear, so I personally am not a big fan of them.  We do have to have them for the gym and when we spend the night in other peep's beds.  Not that I would actually consider it, but I know for sure that I would not be a good candidate for cloth diapering after my first poop accident.  Oh, and if I could tell the underwear makers a thing or two, make sure you put the characters all the way around the underwear.  C get really upset that they are on his butt and he can't see them.  I mean, really upset and wants to wear them backwards.  But in the end, there is no right or wrong way to do it, it has nothing to do with if you are a good parent or not, and eventunally they are all trained.  It is whatever works for you or really, what works for the mom.  I have learned as much as parents say that it is based on what the child is ready for or if the child is ready, it is really all about the parents and if they are ready.  I am still not sure I am really ready.  

Speaking of ready.  Miss Callie went poop on the potty all on her own the last two nights.  She has also started telling us when she has to go pee pee and actually going.  She wants to wear her Elmo panties so bad, but I think I am going to make her "really" want it.  She seems more motivated by praise and candy than C, so we will keep you posted.  I am hoping a little sibling competition might set in and we can close this messy chapter.   

1 comment:

  1. I personally think you are amazing! Attempting to potty train 2 at almost the same time! You are super mom!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love! It's my favorite part!