Before we had kids, our friends' kids were our kids. I love them(Davis, Elly, Charlie, Will, and Jason) like my own. Besides my nieces, it was the first time I loved something so much. I enjoy every milestone and pray their mamas through the tough stuff. I love being an "honorary aunt" to my sweet babies.
So, here is my post on two of my favorite little peeps.
I will do Davis Burns Hill first...since he was "the first". Davis was a little cautious about coming into the world...your mama thanks you for the the 3 hours of pushing. But, then when he did, he changed everything. Our group of friends that had no kids now had a kid. An adorable little man and it changed everything. It changed everything for the better. Yes, it was a little hard to get adjusted to the new life scheduled around feedings and naps, but several more kids were on the way(thank you Jaime for helping increase the numbers 2 at a time) to ease the pain of the carefree life we all used to have. Watching your life long friend become a mom and her husband become a dad was such a fun experience. They got to do everything first and have taken good notes for the rest of us. Fast forward to now. Davis is three, and a half. Three years of watching a little bundle transform into a mature little boy. He is one of the kindest kids I have ever known. He is empathetic and sweet. He thinks of others before himself and worries how Carson might feel about going to the doctor to get her shots or if she is sick. He doesn't want anyone to hurt or be uncomfortable. Maybe he is going to be a doctor one day. 99% of the time, he would choose to do the right thing. He is probably the best big brother I have ever met. He rubs her back, sings to her, and doesn't want her to get into trouble. He is smart and loves learning. Jenn won't brag on him too much, but he can draw you a picture that will surprise you of his talent. If you are a teacher, you are going to want him in your class. He loves to roll around in the sand at the beach, but might not be on the swim team just yet. I love that he loves wearing hats, silly glasses, and dressing up. He is balancing between being a big boy and still wanting to be little. I think he is going to be a good employee one day as seems to have a servant's heart and can focus on a task for a long time despite his young age. He has a special thing for Callie. He likes to protect her, and they played for hours in this plastic box just giggling away. He is Gregg's little buddy, loves playing games that he makes up, and helps his Daddy "do" stuff. He used to sing my happy birthday on the phone, but now he lets Carson do it since he is too cool. He is thoughtful and isn't about himself. He would rather you tell him that you are proud of him instead of buying him a toy. He is his Daddy made over until you see Jenn's baby pictures. But, most of all he calls me, "My Jenn" and it gets me everytime.
Mr. Davis, "your" Jenn loves you very much.
Little Miss Carson
Girls are so much fun. I can still remember being at the adoption agency signing the final papers for C and picking up the phone in the middle of it(I know what you are thinking, yes I did pick up the phone in the middle of it) and Jenn said...PINK. I think I cried more about that then signing the papers. There is just something special about a Mom and her little girl. I was so happy for them. She was a much easier birth(I say that since I wasn't the one who actually had her, Jenn might have a different opinion), but she did say at the hospital that is wasn't that bad and she would do it again. She was a good baby...which we all knows means that she might be a little fiesty as she grows up. Carson Laine is hilarious...a talking machine. She was talking before she was one, and nods her head like an adult. She says big girl words like because and tells her mom when she doesn't like the radio station. I love her. She has these cool blue eyes, sweet heart lips, eyelashes to die for, and a little body that everyone is going to be jealous of one day on the beach. Long and Lean. She isn't afraid to get messy and isn't fond of wearing clothes esp. when she should be sleeping. She can hold her own, but don't let her fool you...she is as tender as they come. She had some stranger danger issues, and I really tried hard to get her to like me. A couple of cupcakes later, I was her favorite. Her and I have this bond and I have to say, I am very proud of it. When we were there last month, I got to put her to bed. She asked me to sing with her and rub her back. Until you have held a little peep in your arms singing, You Are My Sunshine, you haven't really lived. I hope I never forget how that felt.
These are two of my favorites of Miss Carson Laine.
Having all 4 kids under one roof was so much fun. All the kids got along great and did so much better than we had expected, esp our two on the drive. We might not have kids who can eat in a resteraunt, but our kids can travel. Carson and Davis were great hosts. They shared all their toys and were very excited to have company. We had puppet shows, ate popcorn and candy, saw kites(actually just two kites), stood by the doors as Carson and Christian protested sleep, made tons of pb&j sandwiches, but mostly...we just laughed. Christian played his first game of hide and seek and it was just precious to see his face when he found Jenn everytime. Carson is pretty good at staying quiet even if she sees the person hiding. Our favorite part was the beach. If you ever feel sorry for The Hills for being away from their family...don't. The beach is amazing. The kids found shells, danced with Gregg, and dipped their toes into the freezing cold water. We even saw a huge pod of dolphins. Jenn said she has only seen dolphins twice she see has been there, and it was both times we were there. I love dolphins, so I took that as a sign. We got tons of fun pictures and lots of memories. C was Jenn's little buddy and kept asking her to do this tickle game on his back over and over. We really did have such a great time. Thanks for inviting us...but you can come home now.
I am just a girl trying to matter to God, my husband, my kids, family and friends. Sometimes I hop two steps forward and crawl one step back or even have to make a twirl to get back on track. But, I hope to give more than I take and have some fun along the way. Stop by for a couple of dances and cut in when you can.
I met Gregg when I was 17 and have been madly in love with him ever since. He is selfless, works really hard, and will do anything for anyone. He really is “that” nice all the time and he makes me a better person. He loves anything outdoors and runs like Forrest any chance he gets. He makes a mean bbq, dances with the kids to Elmo, and leaves cards for us to find all over the house. He is everything I could have ever dreamed of, and I am so proud to be his wife.
Mr. Christian has bluest eyes and is full of life. He is “all boy” and jumps from one adventure to the next. He loves trains, watermelon, and his blankie. He is polite, kind, and has tons of charisma with his little grin. He is a great big brother and gives in to girls more than they deserve. He is Daddy’s little buddy and the joy of my heart.
Miss Callie is everything I ever dreamed up in a little girl. She is about everything and everybody and never sits still. She loves all things girly, babies, mommy’s cell phone, pink, and her pillow. She has a laugh that starts in her toes and will melt you with her smile. She dances through our house in princess dresses with a pen and pad in her hand. She is mama’s little helper and Daddy’s Sweet Pea.
Cate is the icing on the cake. God knew she would be the perfect compliment to our family. She loves necklaces, animals, and her loveys. She has just enough girly to hang with Callie at her tea parties, but already shows a special bond with her big brother loving his superheros. She is a typical third child getting whatever she wants with those deep dimples of hers.
such sweet words about those two peeps! my favorite time in maryland was hide-n-go seek for sure. christian's face was priceless!!! they love their jenn & love their time with your family! xoxo
ReplyDelete