Monday, May 24, 2010

God's Sandpit

I think one of the ways we know that God loves us is how he gave us the beauty of the world around us.  For me, my favorite is the beach.  I was born at the beach(well, not exactly, but you know what I mean), and couldn't wait to have kids to experience something that I loved so much.  So, on our trip to see The Hills, we ventured over to the "horse" beach.  Jenn made "welcome" buckets for the kids(Elaine, you would be proud of her) and we carried them down to the shore.  I was in heaven.  I don't know what it is about being at the beach that makes the world stand still.  I love the smells, the way the sand feels in between my toes, and the squeals from C as he charges towards the water.  But, little did he know that it was freezing.  The water was even too cold for our water magnet.  Callie learned how to pat pat pat her sand castle and Davis was in charge of sand rolling lessons.  I love that the kids can just be kids there.  They have absolute freedom there in God's sandpit.  I love how they explore the shells or squint to see a bird nab a fish.  It is where I feel the most alive.  I love the tired little pink sun kissed faces asleep in the car on the way home. 
Man, I love the beach.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me some love! It's my favorite part!