Saturday, February 20, 2010

A Princess Grows Up to Be a Queen

My Aunt Debi is my mom's oldest sister.  They are only 13 months apart.  She is my Godmother and has has always been on of my biggest fans.  I am the daughter she never had, but her son Michael is having a girl this year, so I am sure I will have to share with the newest princess.  She works at the post office, loves geneology, flowers, turtles, and anything number related.    I wanted to remember it for years to come, so I am including it here.  My Aunt Debi is encourgaging, postive, and would do anything for her family.  So far, 2010 has been an exciting year for the Wardlaws...The Saints won the Superbowl...Who dat????  Baby girl Wardlaw is due in May, and Russell just asked his love to marry him. 

Several years ago, she sent me a charm braclet with this story attached with each character as the charms. I cleaned out my office this weekend and found it.  I hope to such an encouragement to my sweet nieces and nephews.

Once upon a time, there was a little Princess who made everyone she knew smle and happy just to be where she was.  The little Princess was given the name, "Jennifer Michelle" on April 10, 1975. 

Her Godmother took one look at the Princess and said to herself, "Yes, this child will be special."

Princess Jennifer grew more bright and beautiful as the years went by.  She stood tall, learned the laws of the land, and learned to play the flute to keep music in the kingdom.

Her Godmother watched one day at Princess Jennifer donned a white gown and walked down an aisle to meet and marry the intelligent handsome and kind man who had become her best friend, the Prince of Stahl.

After a time, Princess Jennifer and the Prince of Stahl chose to build their own castle and the found their life to be extremely happy.

Princess Jennifer's Godmother wanted to give something to her for her castle in the Garden of Life.  She thought about it for a time and said to herself.  "I know what I will give to my precious Godchild".

The Godmother sent for the messenger and asked him to please deliver a package to castle Stahl in the Garden of Life, and he promised not to make haste and stop no place until he reached her. 

In the package was a note that explained the gift.  This is what it said.

Dear Jennifer,

You have worn you title of Princess well.  You have lived your life making wise choices, and you have a new title to wear as of today.  No longer will you be called Princess Jennifer, you will now be addressed as the lovely Queen Jennifer. 

You have your castle to run and being the Queen you will need a scepter that proves your authority to reign as Queen.

Castle Stahl, in your Garden of Life, you need to have wise guardians to help remind you along the way to continue to make wise choices for your kingdom.

The turtle is sent to remind you that you need to Trust God and put one foot of effort in front of the other and tend to your Castle as it needs you to.  You see the turtle is very good at letting all the distractions and frustrations of life just roll off his back, and as the story goes, he is the one that not only finished the race, but her won it also.  You can not go wrong if you put God first in your life. 

The lady bug and the dragon fly are very handy to have around to keep your Garden of Life free from the crawling and flying bugs of life that can come in the forms of crawling negativity or flying pride that could cripple your kingdom or suffocate your arsenal of hope, faith, and love. 

Last but not least is the butterfly who will be there to remind you that life is short and we know not how many days that we have to live.  The butterfly is a beautiful creature who takes situations lightly but most certainly lives while they are here.  They do not have as long a lifespan as other creatures, but they do tend to their garden well for the time they are here. 

Remember Queen Jennifer that all you plant in your garden wil also be what you sow.

Where you plant daisy seeds you'll not find roses.
I do recommend you consider planting a few tulip bulbs.
They live elegant, beautiful, happy to be here, and all the while no thorns. 

I think these are some good words to live by...I am going to try to live a little more like this in 2010.
I love you Aunt Debi. 

1 comment:

Please leave me some love! It's my favorite part!