Monday, February 15, 2010

He Makes Me So Happy


This little boy right here...he has stolen my heart.  I love everything thing about him from his blue eyes to his rosy cheeks, to his rolls on his legs, to his chubby little toes.  He is active, curious, a little reserved and full of adventure.  Everyday, he makes me laugh.  He is a dancing machine, keeps working on his throw(at least that is what we are hoping it is instead of just throwing things for no reason), loves stickers, stamps, and tattoos.  He is in between clothes right now, some too small, some too big.  He is learning all kinds of new things and is really starting to talk.  He met his 3 goals at speech and we made 3 more goals to start tackling in the next months.  He is still far behind, but we celebrate how far he has come.  Now we are working on 2 and 3 word sentences, and having him say words that we know he knows.  His reserved personality makes it a little harder too.  We think he might just be one of those people who doesn't have to say much.  He takes it all in first and then responds.  He brought me a book and said, "I read".  My favorite thing he says is "I need fries" if we go through a drive thru.  I know terrible parenting, but sometimes, you just NEED fries.  He also counted to 5 all by himself.  I know, probably not that exciting to the normal parent, but we aren't normal around here and it almost made me cry.  He is also very smart.  He has started crawling out of the crib.  When we put him back in there, he says, I pooped, I eat, or juice so he can get out.  Once he gets out, I tell him very firmly not to get out again, and he just leans down and kisses me and gives me the cutest grin.  It melts my heart for sure, but we are on to his game now. 

This is what we found at the top of the stairs one night after many attempts to get him to stay in his bed.  I am sure the crib will be gone very soon.  Oh, and I guess he can take off all of his clothes.  Another goal met.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me some love! It's my favorite part!