This is what happens when Mommy trys to work...
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Working for the Weekend
When I worked 60 hours a week, I used to work for the weekend. Counting down the hours until Friday at 5. That way, my "real" life could begin. Sleeping in, dinner parties, movies(oh, how I miss going to the movies), and basically anything Gregg and I wanted to do. But, once I left and worked for 12Stone, the weekend was work. And now, that I am a Mom, the weeks just run together with no real start and stop. The kids don't understand the exhale that adults take every Friday evening to say...all in a week's work. I actually love working...the thrill of the chase of a candidate, the negotiation of insurance benefits, and best of all you can measure your success. You can make a list and tackle those projects and if you are good enough, there are even pats on the back for a job well done. I think that is where the blur begins with being a stay at home mom. It is a job without a scale. You can arm yourself with the best ideas, books, toys, resources, doctors, schools, etc. and still will not know the outcome until you are sitting in the counselors office many years later. There is no right or wrong way to provide for your family. There is only the "best" way to provide for "your" family. And for us, that has changed several times in the last two years. And with every change, I question myself again. I had to go to work on the way to the hospital on Christian's birth day at 5am to finish payroll, and then had to bring him to work with me the next week to process all the paperwork for benefit renewal. As I looked under my desk at my sleeping newborn baby, I was thinking this isn't how I imagined it. I think you just do what you have to do. So, for now, I have to take a break. Working 22 hours a week with no childcare options could only last so long. So, I just finished a 7 month contract and to that I am taking an exhale. And for that, I am grateful...but I know myself too well that it is always subject to change.
This is what happens when Mommy trys to work...

This is what happens when Mommy trys to work...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am just a girl trying to matter to God, my husband, my kids, family and friends. Sometimes I hop two steps forward and crawl one step back or even have to make a twirl to get back on track. But, I hope to give more than I take and have some fun along the way. Stop by for a couple of dances and cut in when you can.
I met Gregg when I was 17 and have been madly in love with him ever since. He is selfless, works really hard, and will do anything for anyone. He really is “that” nice all the time and he makes me a better person. He loves anything outdoors and runs like Forrest any chance he gets. He makes a mean bbq, dances with the kids to Elmo, and leaves cards for us to find all over the house. He is everything I could have ever dreamed of, and I am so proud to be his wife.
Mr. Christian has bluest eyes and is full of life. He is “all boy” and jumps from one adventure to the next. He loves trains, watermelon, and his blankie. He is polite, kind, and has tons of charisma with his little grin. He is a great big brother and gives in to girls more than they deserve. He is Daddy’s little buddy and the joy of my heart.
Miss Callie is everything I ever dreamed up in a little girl. She is about everything and everybody and never sits still. She loves all things girly, babies, mommy’s cell phone, pink, and her pillow. She has a laugh that starts in her toes and will melt you with her smile. She dances through our house in princess dresses with a pen and pad in her hand. She is mama’s little helper and Daddy’s Sweet Pea.
Cate is the icing on the cake. God knew she would be the perfect compliment to our family. She loves necklaces, animals, and her loveys. She has just enough girly to hang with Callie at her tea parties, but already shows a special bond with her big brother loving his superheros. She is a typical third child getting whatever she wants with those deep dimples of hers.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave me some love! It's my favorite part!