Sunday, March 6, 2011

Don't Judge a Book by Its Cover

Callie Reece is more than she seems on the outside.  She is spunky, sassy, and smart.  She appears to everyone else that she is compliant, calm, and care free.  She has many amazing characteristics and has a servant's heart, loves to clean up, and can hang.  But, while I am glad that she behaves for everyone else, do not be fooled...this little ball of energy has a mind of her own.  She is not afraid to tell us(esp. me) her opinion, how to do something, her rules, her way, and how she isn't going to do what you want her to do.  She is strong willed, independent, and particular.  She knows what she wants and isn't afraid to go and get it...at all costs.  She picks our her own clothes and you better have a plan b if you want her to wear what you want her to wear.  I am hoping this means she will be driven, make a great leader, and not be afraid to tell her friends no when faced with peer pressure.  She gets things and understand things usually the first time around.  She loves to make pretend lists and is learning her letters.  She isn't easily tricked and has a memory like an elephant.  She sizes up the room and smells weakness.  She always wants your food even if she has the exact same plate full.  She is a coke magnet and will sneak sips no matter how hard I try to hide it from her.  She tells me to "wait a second" if I ask her to do something and beats to her own drum.  As long as we are on her agenda, no one gets hurt.  She makes up her own songs and spanks her baby dolls when they disobey.  She is obsessed with travel soaps, Cinderella, and cell phones.  She multi-tasks pretend vacuuming, holding her baby, talking on the phone, all the while chewing gum.  She cracks us up everyday with her adult like responses.  She is C's second mama and sometimes is better at it than I am.  She does every thing in 2s...two crackers, two kisses, two socks...she is very symmetrical.  She shuts every door she sees and will lock you out of the house in a second.  She likes things in balance and won't let things just roll off her back.  One day we were eating at a friend's house and I left the pantry door open, she whispered in my ear, "Mom, can I go and shut that door".  She shut the door and then went back to eating.  She loves giving kisses, but only on the lips.  One of her favorite games is wiping off all the kisses you give her.

Gregg and I were joking the other night about how Dad's are always so sad to see their little girl's get married.  Of course he was joking, but he said he was going to welcome Callie's husband into the family with open arms and hopes she gets married young.  We pray for her future husband every day.  He is going to have to be on it.  This girl will not stand for someone wishy washy or someone who can handle her.  He will have to have money, lots and lots of money.  
  
Getting her to sleep is a little bit of work.  This is how it goes every night.  Mommy hold me like a baby in the rocking chair.  Two pillows.  Always, the blue at her feet on one arm of the chair, the white one under her head, just so.  Princess blanket on her and wrapped under her feet so they don't stick out.  Dear God, do not let her feet stick out or you will have to do the whole routine over again.  Tinkerbell, Cinderella, and Snow White must be in the bed waiting on her.  Baby Maddie(her favorite doll) and Baby Maddie's pink blanket must be in the rocking chair with you.  Baby Maddie must be swaddled and Callie must rub her back.  So, in the rocking chair you have two pillows, one blanket, 1 doll, 1 doll blanket all in the perfect positions or she will keep rotating them like a dog settling down on its bed.  Then you will have to rub her back, then rub her head, then her back over and over again.  This will go on for several mins and then she will tuck her arms under yours and say, Mommy, hold me like a big girl.  Which means change positions to her sitting up with her head on her pillow and she is ready to go to bed.  The same thing every night.  Then slowly, you can see all the energy drain from her tiny body and sleep wins.  She is all or nothing. 

Here is a picture of her sleeping.  This was taken after many attempts to get her to take a nap.  She doesn't like the fact that her Bubba doesn't have to take naps anymore.  This my friends is not easy work...but doesn't she look so sweet.  She has her bandaid from her shot from a week ago that she won't take take off and we have to keep putting another one on there.  No shirt(don't ask), blue pillow, white pillow, her cell phone, princess blanket, Baby Maddie and Baby Maddie's blanket.  Where or where did this child come from? 

I was rocking her the other day and I told her that I loved her.  I asked her if she loved me?  "No, Mom, I love Daddy.  Christian loves Mommy."  Well, folks there you have it. 

Baby girl, I love you very much not matter what.  I can't wait to see what God has in store for your "big" personality. 

2 comments:

  1. Love this post! She is too cute for words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet! I'm anxious though to hear in a few months how Callie, Maddie, two pillows AND Mama and big Tiny Dancer belly fit into this rocking chair. . .

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love! It's my favorite part!