Monday, July 5, 2010

It's A Small World After All

We went to the park to celebrate Vance Bradford Fite I, my stepdad.  Yes, there is another one running around Nashville, but he is my brother with an extra I on his name.  He is such a caring man, wouldn't say anything mean about anyone, and is super cautious when it comes to anything.  He is one of the most encouraging people I know, he sees the world as 1/2 full and I could learn some things from him.  He is so kind to his Mama and helps watch her on the weekends since Daddy died last year.  He loves holidays, movies and has probably seen almost every one, going on vacations, and just relaxing.  He would never let the kids get hurt on his watch and checks the door locks a couple times before he goes to bed.  He is a music man, eat breathes and sleeps it.  He is intelligent writes symphonies in his spare time and is an amazing piano and guitar player.  Actually, he can play any instrument and does it all by ear.  He has God given talent.  He has written 1000s of songs that I hope to hear on the radio one day.  He is a hard worker and doesn't always get to come and see the kids as much as he would like, so we headed to the park for Father's Day.  C gives him a couple of heart attacks each time he sees him from his fearlessness, but it is good for him.  C is a guys guy and really likes all of his Grandpas, esp. Gampy.  Callie even held his hand at the park, she is coming around for sure.  I think she heard, Gampy really likes Disney World.





Oh yeah, the Small World part...
Well, we didn't bring any bread to feed the ducks, so they decided to feed on Callie's fingers.  But, on our way back to the car, this nice couple having a picnic asked us if we wanted their bread.  They had tons of it and we said sure.  We went back down the creek and feed the birds for several mins and then headed back up towards the car.  As we got closer to the couple again, she said....Look, look, he asked me to marry him.  That is why he gave us the bread, to get us(4 adults, and 2 silly monkeys) out of his picnic area so he could ask the lady of his dreams to be his wife.  She said she couldn't understand why he was so insistent on giving us ALL of their bread since they hadn't really eaten yet.  But, now she knew.  They also didn't have a camera and low and behold, I did.  I told you it would come in handy for times just like this.  So, we took pictures for them and emailed them to them - you know the strangers that we are now forever a part of their engagement story.  It goes a little deeper as they got back to work on Monday and emailed the picture to their friends and my college friend Julie Southard, said hey, I know Teri Fite and the Stahls, since our email address was on the email she got from them announcing the engagement.  Small World.  
Once I figure out how to attach the picture Mom sent me, I will let you see the happy couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me some love! It's my favorite part!