Friday, July 23, 2010

Hot Summer Nights

It must be the hottest summer ever.  I swear just walking to the mail box makes you melt.  There is no reason to take showers any more, and the only place to get some relief is in the pool.  So, we have this ritual that we make ice cream cones and ride in the wagon to see if we can find any dogs after dinner to get the kids out of the house a little bit despite the heat.  I am pretty sure they eat them this messy just so we will hose them off when we get back home.  I love how Callie was trying to stop it from melting with her wipe.  Part of me really wishes I had kids that couldn't stand getting dirty and would never let ice cream run down their hands and into their shoes, but what is the fun in that? 





At least they make really cute pictures and for sure someone's clothes are coming off in the yard.


 

1 comment:

  1. I feel ya!!! We have started going down to the pool around 7:30 pm. This is hard for me bc it sets bedtime back a bit. But, it seems to be relief by the end of these hot days.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love! It's my favorite part!