Monday, June 21, 2010

An All American Memorial Day

We live in a small(er) town...not too small, not too big.  But, we still get the benefits of some small town things.  The Dacula Memorial Day Parade is one of them.  The Nelson's ran the 5K with Gregg and I ran my own 5K getting 5 kids to the race in the rain.  It is the longest parade I have ever been too.  They throw tons of candy and all the politicians were out kissing babies. 

The kids loved the tractors, the band, and the firetrucks the best. 



But, most of all, we got to honor the men and women who have served, died serving, or are currently serving our country.  I hope our kids never take it for granted that we live in the best country in the world because of the sacrifice of those in the military.  I think being born in a military hospital, being the granddaughter of a Chief Master Sargent, the daughter in law of a drafted Father in law, and going to NGCSU has really helped me understand that it is my right and my duty and my honor to celebrate Memorial Day. 

Happy Memorial Day to all the military families.  Come Home Soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me some love! It's my favorite part!