Sunday, May 2, 2010

13.1

13.1 it is just a number unless you are running the race.  If you are riding in the car waving to the runners or sitting in a wagon on the sideline waiting at the finish line...it is just a number...the number of miles before Daddy and Jenn cross the finish line.  But, to Gregg and Jenn...it was more than a number.  It is the length that they will be stretched, the hours of running while Shane and I are still asleep, the number of breathes or prayers you have left to finish the race.  I am so proud of both of my best friends.  For Gregg, because he drove 12 hours across 4 states with 2 toddlers to run the race.  For Jenn, because she did it.  She set her goal, trained for months, and crossed that finish line confidently with ease.  She is a runner now...she has the clothes, the medal, and the t-shirt to prove it.  And if you don't believe me...she even ran the week after the race...which proves she is "really" a runner now.  I am so proud of her for doing something for her when it is so easy to put your self aside until the kids get older.  I am pretty sure Shane was bitten by the running bug, but I must have ducked because it seemed to fly right on by me. 


I have learned to never say never...but, I mean someone has to sit on the side lines and take pictures right?   
 
These adorable shirts were made by Laffty Crafty on Etsy.com...go and check out her store.

1 comment:

  1. ya know what i love the most? that you wanted me (us!) to finish the 13.1 as much as we did. you really really did. thanks for loving us and the pictures are fabulous so we'd be lost (or at least our blogs would suffer, right?) without your photography on the sidelines. You & Shane ran a 1/2 marathon too, the kids just forgot to buy you shirts. Thanks so much for everything. The weekend was perfect! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love! It's my favorite part!