Sunday, April 18, 2010

He Has Risen - Indeed

We had a really fun Easter weekend.  Gregg's parents came over on Friday, my family on Sat, and we went to church on Sunday and then ate Easter dinner with the Brinkleys.  Our kids are still too little to understand the meaning of Easter, but we started laying the foundation with several books we had explaining Easter.  We hope as each year passes they will begin to understand the ultimate gift God's Son is to us.  We put on our Easter best(which means I borrowed a dress from Lia - someone how has much cuter clothes than I do) and headed to church.  Did we get a family picture...of course not.  I love going to church on Easter because it is one of the only days all the kids dress up.  I made an extra loop around the nursery to see all the outfits, esp. the silly little boys trying to keep clip on ties for more than 5 mins.  We had so much fun at the Brinkleys dying and finding eggs that the Easter Bunny forgot to give the kids their baskets until right before bed.  He brought the kids bathing suits and we have a feeling he might make that a tradition.  Christian loved his Elmo stickers and dino puppet the best, and Callie loved her jelly shoes and socks...I guess it starts young with these little girls.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me some love! It's my favorite part!