Oh...the day I have been dreading is finally here. The big boy bed. I have been dreading it because C sleeps 2-3 hours every afternoon for his nap, and almost everynight sleeps from 730-700. This mama loves her sleep. I also have been dreading it because most kids will stay in the crib until 2 1/2 when they can reason a little more. Also, C's personality isn't the kind that is just going to sit in his bed waiting for us to come and get him. If you have one of those kids, you should stop reading this blog and thank God right now. But on New Year's Eve, that all changed. C climbed out of his crib, crawled down the stairs and looked right at Daddy and said, juice. Gregg thought the big thud was me coming back up the stairs, when I was really at Costco. So, our little adventure to the big bed began. For all of Jan, it was just a fluke. He only did it one other time and seemed to forget that he could climb out. We were all in denial about it really. The nagging thoughts in the back of my head as I just accepted a new job knowing how important nap time working will be. Meanwhile, little miss Callie is just a sleeping fool thank goodness.
Then comes Feb and we went out of town and C was going to sleep in his packnplay. That is what we thought...he had other plans. He climbed out of it tons of times and then kept doing it at home too. He would toss himself out of the crib, get in trouble, run back in his room, take his clothes off, tell us he pooped(when he really didn't), ask for juice, tell us he wanted to "hold us", go into Callie's room and poke her through the crib bars(this was the last straw) while she was sleeping, lay right by the door(with the child locks on them that don't work) with it cracked so he could look out. But, the main problem was that once he climbed out, he couldn't climb back in.
So, much to my dismay, his crib is gone and he is attempting to sleep in his big boy bed. As the crib was coming down, I wasn't ready for the emotions that I had. Just like that, he isn't a baby anymore. He will never need me to help him get out, no more crib sheets, no more socks left under the crib, and no more tossing monkeys out of the bed. But, my baby boy's crib is broken down in the bonus room and his big boy bed is ready for the next adventure. His crib is really special to me, since we got it before we ever knew we were chosen. Jme encouraged me to start our nursery just like other pregnant(adopting) parents did. It was hard for me since I am end of the road thinker and just didn't want to keep looking at that empty crib. I also didn't feel like I had the right to be planning for a baby if I didn't know for sure. But, it was just the opposite when we got it. It was there to remind us of the promise of what was to come.
So far, it still has been a challenge to keep him in it. But, he has taken a nap the last two days without protest. This morning he woke up at 7, praise Jesus. So, hopefully the newness is wearing off. I know Gregg is happy that he is sleeping in a little more, since he always goes to his side of the bed when he wakes up(at 5:45am). Gregg said it was the benefits of being Christian's favorite. And for once, I didn't argue with him.
Here are two little monkeys jumping on the new Big Boy Bed...so, big boy bed...check...now onto thinking about potty training.
I am just a girl trying to matter to God, my husband, my kids, family and friends. Sometimes I hop two steps forward and crawl one step back or even have to make a twirl to get back on track. But, I hope to give more than I take and have some fun along the way. Stop by for a couple of dances and cut in when you can.
I met Gregg when I was 17 and have been madly in love with him ever since. He is selfless, works really hard, and will do anything for anyone. He really is “that” nice all the time and he makes me a better person. He loves anything outdoors and runs like Forrest any chance he gets. He makes a mean bbq, dances with the kids to Elmo, and leaves cards for us to find all over the house. He is everything I could have ever dreamed of, and I am so proud to be his wife.
Mr. Christian has bluest eyes and is full of life. He is “all boy” and jumps from one adventure to the next. He loves trains, watermelon, and his blankie. He is polite, kind, and has tons of charisma with his little grin. He is a great big brother and gives in to girls more than they deserve. He is Daddy’s little buddy and the joy of my heart.
Miss Callie is everything I ever dreamed up in a little girl. She is about everything and everybody and never sits still. She loves all things girly, babies, mommy’s cell phone, pink, and her pillow. She has a laugh that starts in her toes and will melt you with her smile. She dances through our house in princess dresses with a pen and pad in her hand. She is mama’s little helper and Daddy’s Sweet Pea.
Cate is the icing on the cake. God knew she would be the perfect compliment to our family. She loves necklaces, animals, and her loveys. She has just enough girly to hang with Callie at her tea parties, but already shows a special bond with her big brother loving his superheros. She is a typical third child getting whatever she wants with those deep dimples of hers.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave me some love! It's my favorite part!