Thursday, February 25, 2010

Children Learn What They Live

I know that everyone knows this, you can find this poem almost anywhere, but until your kids start proving it to you...it doesn't really sink in.  I have been teaching the kids to listen to me, look at me when I am talking to them, and engage(esp. Christian since this is something he struggles with).  So, when Callie wanted me to play with her, I have to admit, I blew her off.  I gave her a baby and some toys and thought that would buy me a couple of mins.  But, it did not.  She climbed up in my lap, put her little hands around my chin and turned my face to her...as if to say...Mommy, are you listening to me?  I need you to look at my eyes?  Engage with me please.

Callie, Mommy is sorry, I was not paying attention to and you were trying to communicate your needs to me.  Mommy will try to do better and practice what I preach. 

So, what did we play?  I got these cups at the consignment sale last week for C, and just love them.  We have been matching colors, counting stuff and hiding things in them.  I wasn't sure if she was ready to play with them yet.  But, much to my surprise, she did a pretty good job matching the colors.  Her favorite color(or at least the only one she can say now, is purple, and that makes me happy).  C's favorite color seems to be red.  If you ask him what color something is, he will say red everytime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me some love! It's my favorite part!