We have a great(I mean, couldn't ask for a better) relationship with them. For Christian, that makes me so happy. It has been a work in progress, but they have never not once not met their commitment to him. The love on him, ask about him, get excited when we send pictures and now things he has made at school. Not one time, in the last 2 years have they ever commented or made us feel like we are not his "real" parents. They don't question our parenting decisions and it feels like visiting extended family when we see them. They are very thoughtful and always ask about how all of us are doing, and even remembered Callie's birthday and called to tell her. So, for Christian's birthday, we went to Jess's house and had a party. Corey her little brother gave C his old match box cars and it was so tender as if he knew he was his little nephew. Her mom, Tina gets out the baby book to compare notes on milestones and Lori, Zach's mom just stares at how much C is a mini-Zach. I know her heart breaks a little each time she sees him, wanting it to be different, knowing this is best. But, she doesn't reveal her feelings to us, she is as gracious as she can be watching her son's son toddle around the room calling someone else Daddy.
No matter what happens with our relationship or Christian's relationship with them over the years. I want him to know that they love him and he was wanted. I want him to know that they made the best decision at the time with the resources they had trying to put his interests before theirs. Neither one of them are materialistic, so the decision wasn't based on what we could provide from him compared to them. Their number one thing they felt they couldn't provide was stability. Zach was at every dr appointment, she laughed at every kick, they held him, fed him, they helped pick out his name(Ryan is what they would have named him), and have always kept the communication lines open. When he was born, Zach gave us a jean jacket that was his when he was little and Jess gave us all of her kid books. It is neat to see her handwriting in the books and we can't wait to send them a picture of him in the jacket once he fits into it.
I think for now, Christian is just glad that he gets to have lots of birthday parties.
I am just a girl trying to matter to God, my husband, my kids, family and friends. Sometimes I hop two steps forward and crawl one step back or even have to make a twirl to get back on track. But, I hope to give more than I take and have some fun along the way. Stop by for a couple of dances and cut in when you can.
I met Gregg when I was 17 and have been madly in love with him ever since. He is selfless, works really hard, and will do anything for anyone. He really is “that” nice all the time and he makes me a better person. He loves anything outdoors and runs like Forrest any chance he gets. He makes a mean bbq, dances with the kids to Elmo, and leaves cards for us to find all over the house. He is everything I could have ever dreamed of, and I am so proud to be his wife.
Mr. Christian has bluest eyes and is full of life. He is “all boy” and jumps from one adventure to the next. He loves trains, watermelon, and his blankie. He is polite, kind, and has tons of charisma with his little grin. He is a great big brother and gives in to girls more than they deserve. He is Daddy’s little buddy and the joy of my heart.
Miss Callie is everything I ever dreamed up in a little girl. She is about everything and everybody and never sits still. She loves all things girly, babies, mommy’s cell phone, pink, and her pillow. She has a laugh that starts in her toes and will melt you with her smile. She dances through our house in princess dresses with a pen and pad in her hand. She is mama’s little helper and Daddy’s Sweet Pea.
Cate is the icing on the cake. God knew she would be the perfect compliment to our family. She loves necklaces, animals, and her loveys. She has just enough girly to hang with Callie at her tea parties, but already shows a special bond with her big brother loving his superheros. She is a typical third child getting whatever she wants with those deep dimples of hers.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave me some love! It's my favorite part!