Friday, December 25, 2009

Just the Two of Us


Gregg and I haven't woken up from the blur that comes along with having kids. The last two years have been the best, most exciting, take our relationship to a deeper level, exhausting, humbling, what we always wanted years. But, we have had to be intentional about stopping and remembering why we are married in the first place, and slow down the ship in the night cycle that seems to take over new parents. So, on Christmas Eve we(I probably did since I usually can't wait to open presents) decided to open our presents. Just the two of us. This year was the first year in a long time that we actually bought each other something or without the other one knowing what it was going to be. We figured it was going to be about the kids in the morning, so we took advantage of the quiet of the night to have our own Christmas. For a moment, it was just the two of us, in love since we were teenagers giddy with anticipation for the other person to open their gifts. I am glad we did it and glad that we can still stop and just be the two of us. Merry Christmas to the love of my life.

He got me photoshop elements and I Snuggie(don't be a Snuggie hater), and I got him this one cup coffee thing that he thinks hung the moon. Both surprises and things we wouldn't have gone and spent the money on ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me some love! It's my favorite part!