Friday, December 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Jesus


I only used to think I liked Christmas, but Christmas with kids is really what it is all about. Both sets of parents made it easy on us and came over here, so the kids could play with all of their stuff...all is an understatement. I am not sure how we can control this, but with Callie and C's birthday so close together and then Christmas, it looks like Toysrus threw up in here. Having several sets of parents and grandparents doesn't really help. But, eventhough we tried to combine gifts and get stuff they could use over the next year, it was still way too much stuff. So, back to the stuff. They both got a train table from PaPa and several trains from everyone else. Callie got even got some girl ones. The trains and the wheelbarrow(that both kids already fell out of) were his favorite. He really likes the trains that are battery powered and likes to watch them go under really heavy pieces of furniture so you don't know they are there, the battery runs out, and then they are gone forever. Callie got a highchair, doll house, and stroller, button/zip baby, and a rocking chair. But, he favorite thing was her back pack, she wears it everywhere. My favorite gifts were my new lens and my exposure book. I really liked my new brownie pan that I used right away that makes crusts on each piece. Why didn't I think of that? Gregg got an ipod docking station that we can take to the beach or camping and plays it every night...a little Crowder, Beyonce, Brittney, Johnny Cash, ACDC...this kids dance to it all.

We have really tried to make the cooking part of the holidays so much more simple. Each of us pick a couple of things and hodge podge it together and everyone is happy. That way, Mom or Nancy are not spending days in the kitchen. I even made homemade caramel sauce brie since Jess and Pat brought it last year and weren't here. They sent the cutest sacks filled with toys for the kids, Elmo, Thomas, and Dora oh my.

So after a nice brunch, we sang Happy Birthday Day to Jesus, put the kids down for a much needed nap, and decided we would wait to put all of it away...at least for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me some love! It's my favorite part!