Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Yo Ho Yo Ho A Pirate's Life for Me

I love the group of girls that I get to do life with. We all bring something different to the group but can agree that we need each other to get through each stage of parenting. We laugh hours about what is "right" about parenting and then go back to doing it the way we wanted to do it all along. We compare notes on the stages to come or the stages we have just left. We are supportive, the way it should be. A sleepy mom needs options and ideas, not condemnation that there is only one way to parent. While we definitely don't agree on everything like birth plans, breastfeeding, formula, pumping or both, baby wearing, organic food, vaccinating or not, cloth diapers, co-sleeping or baby-wise, spanking or not, pre-school or homeschooling, we have agreed that each Mom wakes up every day and wants the best for her family and makes choices based on that one fact only. I am privileged to have an authentic group of moms to do life with and I hope to never take that for granted.

Here are some precious pictures of all the kiddos at the park dressed up for Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me some love! It's my favorite part!