Callie Reece, two words that just make my heart smile. The icing on the cake, the child I prayed for, the daughter I always wanted, my velco baby...Gregg's mini-me. From the moment that she(didn't want to) come out, she has been taking the world(our world) by storm. I remembering praying that I would get a "girly" girl. Not the princessy type that can't hold her own, but one that wouldn't mind a dress, wanted to be a mom one day, could appreciate the thoughtfulness of a thank you note and one who could long for her knight in shining armour(when she is thirty of course). Man, did God deliver. She can hold her own all right...just try to make her drink a cup of milk or make her do something she doesn't want to do. Besides milk, she is not picky at all when it comes to food. We call her our little raccoon since she will go around and find food anywhere. We laugh when we think of her on her first date, she won't be one of these girls who just orders a chicken salad. Her date better recognize that she has an appreciation for food...all of the courses. She has a giggle that goes on for days, loves baby dolls(only because she can't have her own real baby), has great hair, loves her Daddy more than anything in the world, and is her big brother's shadow. I pray that we teach her the value of herself, that she is beautifully and wonderfully made, and that she loves God, herself and others.
My mom said I painted my toes since I was 2...she never taught me...it was innate. I am thinking this scarf is innate too. She loves it and will wear it for hours. She is my little accessorizer and I am sure this will come back to bite us when she is into name brands.
But, for now, I will laugh at Callie Wallie, Sissy Lou, Sweet Pea, Lala(what C calls her), Sweet Baby, Little Miss's "girly" side.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave me some love! It's my favorite part!