Thursday, September 3, 2009

Wheels on the Bus

Well, he won't exactly be riding the bus, but my minivan does have wheels. Christian met his preschool teachers, Mrs. Rachel and Mrs. Janna today at open house. I am glad that I had my camera(not that I am ever without it), since you won't be able to walk them to class on the first day. I continue to be impressed by how much they take preschool seriously. This month he will be learning the color Green, number 1, and the names of his new friends. My goal is to just have him there for 4 hours without them calling me to come and get him. If he learns his colors and numbers along the way...I say great.

Open house was great, got his bag(they monogram it right there for you), ordered Chickfila for his lunches, got his spiritwear t-shirt, and then made it to the class. The girls in his class were all sitting nicely at the table and chatting up a storm. The boys...not so much. But, Christian did hang off the pegs that his bag hangs on, tried to eat the pretend bread, managed to escape once(which caused the teacher to explain how she had a key to lock everyone in), and ended his intro by climbing onto the table. His favorite part was the jumping palace and the popsicle at the end. I didn't have the heart to tell him that he wouldn't be doing that everyday.





So, I get them back in the car and start reading the folder of parent info and start bawling...why...I don't know...I was doing so good in the class seeing his name on the wall and his birthday on the calendar. But, in the parent info was the verse of the month.

God Made Us...it just got me thinking about how thankful I am that God made Christian Ryan.

God made him...


with the bluest eyes this side of the Mississippi...

fearless and full of life...


but most of all...he made him my little boy.

3 comments:

  1. Great blog, Jen! He's going to have so much fun, and you'll do fine, too. Where is Christian going to preschool? I took mine to their Open House today, too. I'm looking forward to having time with Chloe alone and maybe even a little time to blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously!!! This just made me cry this morning! I didn't even cry when Grant went to school for the first time. Post-pardum...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love! It's my favorite part!