Thursday, June 16, 2011

I Don't Do Early

I am not an early person.  I can get to where I need to go on time, if it matters, which I have found out that it rarely really does.  But, I am not early by any means.  So, where does Baby Cate get off thinking she is going to come early?  I mean, isn't she at least half of my genes?  For the most part, I am a planner.  I am also spontaneous.  You want to go to lunch today?  Great, I don't need you to be on my calendar, but in general, I like to know what is what, when it is, and how it might go.  Especially with big things, like say, adding a new human to our family, I would like some warning.  So, about a month ago I was measuring about 5 weeks too small.  Looking down at this huge belly, I was like, no way.  Really wasn't worried about it.  Fast forward to now.  I have low fluid that keeps going down and am going to see the specialist today.  Cate is also a little bigger in there of course taking up all of the extra room.  Don't ask me how Gregg and I make giant long legged babies, but we do.  No matter how much I drink, it just goes to my huge swelling feet.  I don't know exactly what to expect, but together with my doctor and fetal specialists, we are going to see when the best time for her to come out.  I am trying not to tell God my calendar dates hoping he will adhere to them, but it is hard for sure.  I will have to have a c-section which complicate things with not being able to drive and the logistics of the other two little people in our lives.  But, we will get through it.  It will be temporary, and of course will be worth it...to meet our third little cupcake, on God's timetable and not ours.

1 comment:

Please leave me some love! It's my favorite part!