Monday, May 16, 2011

Plan M, Plan C, Plan A, Plan J

I will admit it.  I am a photography snob.  I know a lot about pictures, love looking at people's pictures, covet the expensive camera that I hope to have one day since mine is broken, and know good pictures when I see them.  I love everything about photography blogs, the amazing colors, the tutorials, and seeing "how did they do that".  I would rather have new pictures in my frames over anything else.  So, for Christmas, our family didn't exchange presents.  We decided to get family pictures instead.  My brother was 7 in the last family picture we took.  Let's give a shout out the David Smith Photography.  So, we gathered our outfits, planned the perfect day, ordered God given weather, and anticipated the big day.

Plan M.  I met Mary Anne when I worked with her husband at 12Stone Church.  I was in HR and helped her with some insurance issues and loved her from the start.  I already knew her mini me daughter Katie, as I was her student leader.  She has a heart the size of Texas, an amazing eye for color, and a love for all things under 3 feet tall.  She has this amazing way of getting the light to shine just perfectly on her subjects, so I call her Sunshine.  Turns out, her family calls her that too.   

MaryAnne Morgan Photography go and check her out.  I don't have any digital pictures to show you because all 20 of them are on my walls, but her website speaks for itself, and so does the huge canvas of Callie I have in my office.  She was able to get C to come alive with his crystal blue eyes.  Love, love, love her. Check out her blog too.  She is doing a very personal 365 project and is starting to sell her prints on her Etsy Shop.

We had our first family shoot with the Stahls right after Callie was born.  We loved our pictures, the amazing red barn and horses, and the kids did great.  So, needless to say, when it was time to get our pictures again, I called her up months ago to get on her calendar.  We chatted about what we wanted the shoot to look like, our families personalities, colors, etc.  Then...MaryAnne got a staph infection...on her arm of all places.  Staph infection plus pregnant mom and two toddlers plus camera holding lady with hurt arm wasn't going to work.  She felt awful and honestly, I was sad too, but she quickly came up with plan C.  She was so gracious to set us up with another referral as we had family traveling, and I was growing by the minute.

Plan C.  Christy Martin Photography.
I met Christy years ago briefly and have been a follower on facebook enjoying her black and whites and her adorable curly haired little girl.  What is it about photographers that have amazing looking children?  I guess it is because they have to practice on someone, right?  Plan M called Plan C and she quickly adjusted her day and fit us in for our shoot.  It was the warmest day in weeks and we headed to downtown Buford.  She was great with our wiggly shy little ones despite the train and cars in the background distracting one little three year old.  She was quick and made sure we had all the shots we planned for.  Callie finally figured out she was made for this and was soon chasing her around in her boots and tutu saying "cheese".  We are busy changing out frames making room for all of our favorite shots. 

Here are just a few.





My good friend Kristina Sanford at Little Miss Hodge Podge who makes most of our custom outfits needed to launch her Spring Line.  Abby took the pictures, and I have to say I just love them.   I got an insider look at the fabrics and they just came to life in these pictures.  She did such an amazing job showcasing Kristina's amazing talent and was so patient with all of the little "models".  She has just started her photography business, but you would never know it.  Really enjoyed how easy this session was especially since it was Callie's first "modeling" session. 
Here are my favorites...  
Tell me this is not the most beautiful child in the whole world...those eyes and that hair.  I could eat her up.
The whole reason Kristina started her business...her precious JuJu. 


So, right after Abby took the Spring Line pictures, a friend of mine suggested I become a fan of Helmuth Photography on facebook.  She is amazing, hilarious, and has more props that I have ever seen.  I think she does some of the best studio work I have ever seen.  Then I saw she had a casting call for a size 2T little girl.  I submitted her pictures and so did my friend at the same time.  She got chosen, but we didn't really know what to expect.  Callie is still really young and hasn't been modeling before, and I am a far cry from a Toddlers and Tiaras mama.  But, we had a blast and learned some stuff from the other moms with more experience.  Jenny made the shoot so fun and casual even though there were dressed up little divas all over her studio.  Jenny does tons of commercial work including some for Matilda Jane.  Our shoot was fun tutus and Callie got to take home the Minnie outfit which was perfect for our upcoming Disney trip.  



I wanted to do this blog, so I could tell you about my favorite photographers in case you are wanting family photos this summer.  Please call one of them if you are interested in family, baby, or commercial photos.  You will not be disappointed...message me if you have any questions about any of them, and I can point you in the right direction.  And don't forget to contact Little Miss Hodge Podge if you want any custom outfits,baby bedding, slings or just about anything you can dream up.  I can't wait to show you Baby Cate's quilt and ruffle bed skirt very soon.         

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me some love! It's my favorite part!