We are "trying" to get Cate's room ready. Painting and organizing the room has been tough with plans on the weekends and two 3 feet little "helpers". We are using Christian's old room, and Callie's old bedding. I really wanted to start from scratch with all new bedding for her, but Dave Ramsey said I should just use what we already have. The room is brown and will be painted a sky blue color to open the room up a little. We got a new dresser from a yard sale that we got for very cheap if I don't say so myself. I am amazed at what people are trying to sell stuff for at a yard sale. Hello people? Do you want to get rid of it or not. Did you stay up for 4 days tagging stuff, bringing it down from the attic, tearing it away from your kids' arms...all to take it back inside? Sorry, back on track. Jenn Hill gave us her adorable glider which I am very excited about. Kristina is making a couple of things to go with Callie's old bedding to make it her own. I didn't have a baby quilt with C or Callie, but am excited Kristina is making Cate her very own. She is also making her a ruffle crib skirt and a pillow for the glider. Other than a couple of odds and ends that I already sold, we are good to go with stuff for Cate. I sold C's bedding yesterday and I have to say I felt a little sad. I know we only want 3 kids...I know that with every bone in my body. But, there was a little bit of sadness to know that this is it. But, good news is that it sold and it already on its way to TN for a new little boy on the way, that has two sisters.
The funny part is when the kids ask us to help them out of the crib...I'm sorry, did you not thrust yourself out of this crib tons of times over a year ago which has then caused me to never sleep again? I think you can get out of it by yourself. The kids are fascinated by her room. Callie wants to sleep in Cate's big bed(the queen bed in there), and C sneaks in there to see if there are any pjs that might fit him.
Friday, April 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am just a girl trying to matter to God, my husband, my kids, family and friends. Sometimes I hop two steps forward and crawl one step back or even have to make a twirl to get back on track. But, I hope to give more than I take and have some fun along the way. Stop by for a couple of dances and cut in when you can.
I met Gregg when I was 17 and have been madly in love with him ever since. He is selfless, works really hard, and will do anything for anyone. He really is “that” nice all the time and he makes me a better person. He loves anything outdoors and runs like Forrest any chance he gets. He makes a mean bbq, dances with the kids to Elmo, and leaves cards for us to find all over the house. He is everything I could have ever dreamed of, and I am so proud to be his wife.
Mr. Christian has bluest eyes and is full of life. He is “all boy” and jumps from one adventure to the next. He loves trains, watermelon, and his blankie. He is polite, kind, and has tons of charisma with his little grin. He is a great big brother and gives in to girls more than they deserve. He is Daddy’s little buddy and the joy of my heart.
Miss Callie is everything I ever dreamed up in a little girl. She is about everything and everybody and never sits still. She loves all things girly, babies, mommy’s cell phone, pink, and her pillow. She has a laugh that starts in her toes and will melt you with her smile. She dances through our house in princess dresses with a pen and pad in her hand. She is mama’s little helper and Daddy’s Sweet Pea.
Cate is the icing on the cake. God knew she would be the perfect compliment to our family. She loves necklaces, animals, and her loveys. She has just enough girly to hang with Callie at her tea parties, but already shows a special bond with her big brother loving his superheros. She is a typical third child getting whatever she wants with those deep dimples of hers.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave me some love! It's my favorite part!