Friday, January 7, 2011

I Believe

I bought something for the new baby.  A blanket with polka dots of course.  Now if I could just find out what that baby is..I would run to the monogrammer right now.  Why is that such a big deal you ask to buy a present for the baby to be?  Most pregnant moms buy things for the new baby.  But, not 10 week along moms that have had a miscarriage.  When are you far enough along not to worry?  No matter how much I try to put it out of my mind, or how many times I fear going to the bathroom, or the fact that it makes me nervous to hit post on this blog post for fear of gushing blood, it is still a fact that I lost a baby.  It will never leave me, it will not make this pregnancy easy or relaxing or taken for granted.  It just is what it is.  Unfortunately, every one in this club knows what this feels like.  It is the reason I didn't bond with Callie right away, I just didn't believe that I could have a baby.  Yes, I was pregnant.  Yes, I felt her kicking me all the way up to my throat.  Yes, I birthed her.  But, it still took several days for it to sink in that yes, I believe.  I believe that God loves me enough to give me the desires of my heart.  I believe that I am good enough.  I believe that I am worthy of answered prayer.  I believe that God is still in the miracle business.  So, I decided this pregnancy, I am going to believe a little earlier.  I am going to embrace it and hold on to see what or who is on the other end.  I am going to believe that everything is going to be OK.  I believe that God answers prayer. I believe that I am good enough.  I believe that God loves this baby more than me, so at 10 weeks, I am going to believe. 

30 more weeks to go.

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful post, Jennifer. I am praying for peace in your heart and a wonderful pregnancy as I type. You are so right, it is hard to let go and just trust Him, but I have always found peace in knowing He already knows and will not leave or forsake me or you. So excited about your third little blessing. Can't wait to read all about you new adventures as a mommy of 3.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love! It's my favorite part!