Thursday, October 7, 2010

I am Going to Miss This - Take 2

Can I just be honest?  I am having one of those days.  I am tired, hungry, my house is a mess(as in, no you can't stop by for a surprise visit or you will call Hall County to come and take the kids mess), and my sweet angels are doing everything in their power not to take a nap.  Isn't it funny annoying when they want to stay up on the very day that they need a nap the most?  Callie has socks thrown all over her room, but I don't even care as long as she stays in there.  C has come out tons of times to say Hi, or pee, or get his dirty blanket out of his blanket that he insists on sleeping with.  As I type this, there are tiny feet parading around upstairs doing who knows what behind closed doors.  All I want to do is crawl under a rock and sleep for 2 days straight without tiny feet kicking me or peeing on me or fingers being poked in my eyes saying...Mommy GET UP.  Don't they know that Mommy is not nice when she is tired. 

So,  instead of looking for that rock to crawl under, I decided to do "take 2" of my I am going to miss this post.

Things I will gladly erase from my memory.
  • Potty training - cleaning bathrooms, tossing underwear, forgetting to put an extra pair of pants in the car and having your daughter wear her brother's underwear and no pants while you try to finish your spin class at the gym when it is 40 degrees outside.  Saying, "pee pee goes in the potty" 1, 492 times a day.   
  • Laundry - the mounds and piles and switching clothes from the boxes to the closet back to the boxes as they grow so fast or the seasons come so fast. 
  • The look in Callie's eyes when I know she is about to get a fever.  She doesn't get sick often, but when she does...she is hotblooded.  (anyone my age or older, can't get the song out of your head now, can you?). 
  • The stairs - the constant up and down the stairs carrying 65+ lbs of wiggly bodies in protest to bed, or down to the car, or back up if we forgot jackets or shoes.  My back hates me. 
  • Washing car seat covers - Callie has made it her #1 goal to pee in her car seat the day I wash it.  C has done the same thing when I change his sheets.
  • Driving down the road singing kids songs when my kids aren't in the car, and I don't realize I can listen to "adult" stuff.
  • That sick feeling when we walk in your bathroom and your son is giving himself a bath.  The way your heart doesn't really ever go back when you think of how it could have gone. 
  • Emergency room visits, bandaids, stitches, medicine, shots, rectal temps, puke buckets, insurance cards, co-pays, and knowing that you are going to have to lie to them and tell them that it isn't going to be that bad, when to them...it seems that bad. 
  • Miralax - all the moms that know about this...can I get an Amen.
  • The transition to the "big" bed...the my son has never slept the same "big" bed. 
Stuff I am going to hope is ingrained in my brain forever.
  • Love you Buddy, as C gets out of the van to go to school.  Callie misses him so much when he is at school.
  • Bath time splash parties, hooded towels, and clean smelling babies with wet hair in footed pjs.
  • C's prayers - Dear God, thank you for Elmo, fingers, Mommy, Daddy, Sissy(he only calls her sissy in his prayers), tractors, gumball machines, train pajamas, and waffles. 
  • Hearing Callie run into C's room to wake him up...Hey Bubba, Hey Bubba.
  • Where did Daddy Go?  Daddy is at work.  When Daddy come home, I tell him, I happy to see him. 
  • Watching the kids feed the birds, sing to our pet spider, or catch yighting bugs.
  • C riding into the sunset on his green tractor with Callie pushing him on the back.
  • Seeing the kids do something for the first time and watching their confidence rise.
  • The feel of Callie all folded up in my arms each night.  Mommy sit in the white chair.  White pillow, blue pillow, 2 babies, and blankie(over my feet please).  Singing her to sleep. 
  • Knowing that I can make it all better by "trissing(kissing) it".  
  • Catching C or Callie being so excited for the other one when they "did it" just clapping away in encouragement.
  • Taking a shower with two peeps opening the door and putting in toys and cups for Mommy to use.  And them getting so excited if the water sprays on them when I tell them to shut the shower door.  They open it 100s of times in my 10 mins of peace and quiet.
  • The way Callie holds her belly when she is laughing so hard she cracks herself up.
  • Christian saying thank you much and your welcome all in one sentence. 
  • When life was so simple and the worst thing that happens is spilled milk or a skinned knee.
I know that there are so many more things that I am going to miss that I won't realize until...well...I start missing them.  In between balancing taking it all in and getting it all done...I am going to miss this.

Here is how I found Callie as I was writing this post.  Brother's shirt, bathing suit bottoms as a skirt, socks that she found, and two legs in one pants leg in her shorts. 

I am going to miss this...

1 comment:

  1. I love this post. One day when I get around to blogging I'm going to steal this idea!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love! It's my favorite part!