Friday, October 1, 2010

The Fair

Two things I noticed when I went to the fair for the first time in 15 years.  One, it is much smaller than I remembered as a kid.  I am pretty sure the fair in the Fort Walton Beach fairgrounds is the size of Disney World.  Two, the people who work at the fair are very very interesting(insert whatever word you are thinking here), and I will never allow my kids to go to the fair without me until they are like 30.  Well, I actually noticed three things.  I don't consider myself living in the country, but go to the fair and it will confirm that we do in fact live in the "South".  The kids had a great time, can't ride all the rides yet, but didn't really care.  You could get anything you wanted fried, hotdogs, Oreos, funnel cakes, you name it.  C loved all the tractors in the animal exhibits.  We got to see how they milk cows and see a cow wash(the place they groom the cow before the big show).  We dusted off our boots when we got home and settled back into the big city of Flowery Branch.


We were mistaken thinking it was a petting zoo, but it was really a live stock show.  Which, if  you knew anything at all, which I apparently do not...is not the same thing.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me some love! It's my favorite part!