Wednesday, September 8, 2010

It Isn't Always What is Inside That Counts

Callie got a fun surprise in the mail the other day.  C immediately asked if he could open the box.  Inside were baby doll twins, one boy and one girl.  Callie took one look at the boy and tossed him to the side.  I guess since she has always had to share everything, she assumed the boy doll was for him.  I kept telling her that they were both hers, but she didn't believe me.  She kept saying it was Christian's baby, but he would have no part of it.  After watching Toy Story, I have to admit, I feel kinda bad for Mr. Boy Twin doll.  She took out the girl doll(which looks exactly like the boy one, you know since they are twins) and kissed it right away.  She loves that doll, twin brother not so much, but I did catch her feeling sorry for him and putting a dish rag on him to keep him warm.  Christian hasn't taken a liken to the boy doll either, he just teases Callie and hides it under the bucket and then sits on the bucket until she screams. 
All this to say, the peanuts inside the box we are BIG hit.  They played with these things for hours.  C didn't care that he didn't get a present in the mail, he thought this was the present after he tossed those boring babies to the side and jumped in the box. 

And yes, I am aware that C is wearing flannel Christmas pajamas in August...that is another post all in itself that I might write one day.  Until then, just know that I am very aware that my child might just sweat to death. 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me some love! It's my favorite part!