Thursday, September 30, 2010

Fireflies

I was working on the computer and the kids were outside after dinner.  They were knocking on the window for me to come outside.  They had found "yighting bugs".  They caught one in a mason jar, and have been catching them every night since.  Gregg thinks it might be the same one getting caught over and over.  Callie is our bug lover and doesn't mind touching them, but C is more interested in their flight patterns.  I love the simplicity of activities like this.  I think sometimes I am so busy, it is hard to see the small bright lights through life because we are always so focused on the trees.  Here are some pictures of Gregg teaching them to look for them with their hands on their heads.  They didn't quite get it, but it made for some cute pictures.  Callie kept saying, Hey Daddy, Yook Yook, I find it.  She calls all bugs,
"yadybug"s. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me some love! It's my favorite part!