Thursday, July 1, 2010

Old Friends are the Best Friends

I went to North Georgia College when it was North Georgia College.  It is North Georgia College and State University now, and the name change happened the year I graduated so I actually have two diplomas, one with each name.  It was a big to do at the time which seems so silly now.  I met some of my best friends there and am glad that we do a good job of scheduling time to meet each year.  This year, Mary was in town and invited all of us to her pool.  The kids had such a great time and C even jumped off of the diving board.  He was determined to be a big kid.  I love Mary, we are long lost soul sisters.  She is the blonde one(salt) and I am the brown one(pepper).  We have so much in common and seem to be always going through lots of the same phases of life at the same time.  I only hope to become more like her as a parent.  Her children are some of the most polite and kind hearted kids I have ever met.  I am sure that is not by accident, and I hope to pick her brain for some tips.  The food was yummy, the kids were silly, but most of all, it was just like old times.  Like it hasn't even been a day since we were all in the hallway packing up our tiny dorm rooms and  heading out into the big bad world.  Ohhh...what I wouldn't do to go back to that time for just a day or so.  
Times have really changed for sure, since none of us are in any of these pictures.  Just our sweet little baby peeps.   

1 comment:

  1. Just catching up on my blog reading and saw your sweet post. We had such a great time seeing everyone that day. I just posted about the pool party today. You are such a wonderful Mama to your precious babes! So gentle and patient with them. Can't wait to see you guys again!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love! It's my favorite part!