Monday, July 5, 2010

He Chose Me

This picture was taken on his first real ride at Six Flags.  He said he wanted to ride with me which is a surprise since he would usually choose Daddy.  I love his chubby little hand.  The hand that fits so nice into mine when he is tired or scared or sick.  He is just a joy to be around, so full of life and adventure.  He likes to count my boo boos(freckles) and I have a lot to count.  We count his, so far he only has 4.  He doesn't really like the number 6, but he has seemed to finally find him in the last couple of days.  He loves to sneak into our room way too early in the morning and snuggle in between us like we don't know he is there.  I know he is trying so hard to be still until his little self just can't help it.  Then he leans in right on your face and wispers...apple juice please...over and over until you thrust yourself up and go and get said apple juice.  He is scared of "under and lighting" which doesn't match his macho imagine.  He changes clothes tons of times a day into his favorite pjs...right now they are his "hot" pjs...long sleeve footed ones zipped all the way up.  I know what you are thinking, but it is just easier if I go with it.  He wants to wear Thomas panties even though he likes to pee on the floor and tells me several times a day to go and get his panties(no we don't call them that, but he does, we say underwear of course).  This is a fight we have several times a day, he is wearing me down as the time goes on.  He can't stand wearing shoes and must take them off as soon as he gets in the car or the house.  He is smart and says funny things like Oh Man and rolls his eyes at me all the time.  I wish I could stop this age even with all its exhaustion, I know very shortly all of his words will be clear and he won't be my baby anymore.  I can feel the baby in him slipping away each time I carry him up the stairs and his legs seem to be getting longer by the second.  He is a toe tapping dancing machine in love with watermelon, garbage trucks, Elmo, Thomas, Nemo, Jeff's tractor and the Mr. John the mailman.  He screams I love you for no reason several times a day and it stops you in your tracks, makes you take a deep breath and thank God for him all over again.   

1 comment:

  1. what i love about christian is that he KNOWS how to have some fun! & his chubby little hands are adorable! yes, the baby stage is slipping away, but it only gets more fun every day.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love! It's my favorite part!