Monday, June 21, 2010

Something Clicked in My Heart

I held a newborn baby the other day and something clicked.  I can't describe it, but I wanted to run out the door with him and take him as my own.  I have held tons of newborn babies and have never felt this way(even before I had kids) and get my fill of my favorites, Maddie, JuJu and Baylor every week.  But this was different and I can't seem to shake it.  I know what it is like to want something so bad that it becomes your focus.  I told God that I can't go there again.  I have two miracles that are just enough and sometimes way more than enough, but I know that something in me changed that day.  I know this might sound strange, but I feel like having kids actually increased my desire to have more kids.  Instead of feeling like my life is complete, I feel like it is just begining with our family and we have so much more love to give.  Only God knows, but I know one thing...Dylan's mommy is lucky that she moved the week after I met him or I would be there every day holding that sweet little peep.   

1 comment:

  1. just doing a little blog eavesdropping. love your incredibly cute layout, theme, photos, etc...did you do all this incredible design??

    read several of your posts and love reading your writings. adding you to my rotation...assuming you don't mind!?

    also, the same thing happened to me 2 weeks ago when i held a friend's newborn (less than 24 hours old!) and i have 4-month-old! yes, us mama's are crazy sometimes.

    laura :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love! It's my favorite part!