Most people know that she was a young mom, actually still is a young mom. She is only 51(for everyone doing the math in your head, she had me at 16). 16, yes, pregnant at 15 and mom to me 5 months later. That basically makes her a Mom all her life. She was also a single mom. I am glad that I have a young mom, I know I don't really know any different, but it has made us the best of friends. We talk every day, sometimes 10 times a day if there is a good sale going on or some drama in the family. She doesn't look at the caller ID and think; oh I will call her back or let her leave a message. She looks at the caller ID and thinks...the princess is calling. She is the only person I know who will always answer her phone, no matter the hour. Little Vance tests her on this all the time. She even talks to him for hours in the middle of the night while he is driving back to TN, so he won't fall asleep on the road. After having Christian, I totally get this now. She is the most selfless person I have ever met. She would drive all night to come and see you, buy you anything you ever wanted, cook a meal, watch your kids, pray with you over the phone, call to check in, even if she was way too tired, you would never know it. She never puts herself first. I think she has always been in "take care of everyone else" mode since she had younger siblings and then I came along. I would totally hire her, she is the hardest worker, . She is my biggest fan...she would be down on the front row saving seats for every big event. She makes me feel special, like I am the best daughter in the whole world. She sends me birthday cards every day the week of my birthday, even to my office when I was working. My favorite card is the one where she said I was a human sparkler. She has kept every card anyone has ever given her, hence the reason I still have the sparkler card. She is the research queen. She checks out 100s of book from the library and never reads them all, then pays the fines, and rechecks them out. She is a mom to all of my friends and Mimi to their kids. She's a great cook and makes a mean birthday cake...pink and strawberry of course. She is a perfectionist and throws the best parties. She is fair and just and a littlelot black and white. She would say sorry for stuff that wasn't even her fault. She can sew and made all of my window treatments and even covered a chair. I telling her if she really loved me, she would recover me a chair. Her love stops there, she said it was way too much work. She is the VIP at TJMaxx and Marshalls. They know her order at the Mexican rest down the street. Her and my brother always order together and share two things. She loves candy...all kinds of candy, old school stuff, mike and ikes, good and plenty, and spicettes. She is the reason I eat Oreos for breakfast and think it is normal. She doesn't let me get away with anything and that is a good thing. I am not allowed to complain about Gregg to her. He is perfect in her eyes. He also isn't allowed to get boring gifts for Christmas; she buys him Playstations and stuff he really wants instead of boring gifts for the house.
She is there for me....all day, everyday...100%...drop everything and step in...no matter what. She is the kind of mom you would want to have, and I hope I never take that for granted. Much to my dismay, she actually loves me and Vance equally and now that I have two kids, I get that. She is his biggest fan too. She has her April Cover bag and t-shirt and drives all night to be his groupie on the road. She prayed for my husband to be since I was 12. And for that, I am forever grateful. God answered her prayer in my sweet amazing hubby. She wouldn't let me go to the skating rink and made me have a curfew...she was the meanest mom ever. And I can't wait to be just like her. She had hope that I would be a mom when I had given up hope; she let me borrow some of her hope. She gave me two of the same baby ornaments the Christmas before Christian and Callie came...she said I would need two...of course I did. Moms always seem to know best. She is totally a MAC and loves her computer. I guess my brother can claim that one. She has a really nice camera, but always shuts her eyes in pictures. She has great skin and married a music man. She is totally fine with it being about everyone else. She gives the best presents and taught me, presentation is everything. She wanted to be a lawyer when she grew up. She loves her family more than anything in the world...and I love her that much too.
Mom, thank you for always believing in me and being my biggest fan. When I grow up, I want to be just like you.
I am just a girl trying to matter to God, my husband, my kids, family and friends. Sometimes I hop two steps forward and crawl one step back or even have to make a twirl to get back on track. But, I hope to give more than I take and have some fun along the way. Stop by for a couple of dances and cut in when you can.
I met Gregg when I was 17 and have been madly in love with him ever since. He is selfless, works really hard, and will do anything for anyone. He really is “that” nice all the time and he makes me a better person. He loves anything outdoors and runs like Forrest any chance he gets. He makes a mean bbq, dances with the kids to Elmo, and leaves cards for us to find all over the house. He is everything I could have ever dreamed of, and I am so proud to be his wife.
Mr. Christian has bluest eyes and is full of life. He is “all boy” and jumps from one adventure to the next. He loves trains, watermelon, and his blankie. He is polite, kind, and has tons of charisma with his little grin. He is a great big brother and gives in to girls more than they deserve. He is Daddy’s little buddy and the joy of my heart.
Miss Callie is everything I ever dreamed up in a little girl. She is about everything and everybody and never sits still. She loves all things girly, babies, mommy’s cell phone, pink, and her pillow. She has a laugh that starts in her toes and will melt you with her smile. She dances through our house in princess dresses with a pen and pad in her hand. She is mama’s little helper and Daddy’s Sweet Pea.
Cate is the icing on the cake. God knew she would be the perfect compliment to our family. She loves necklaces, animals, and her loveys. She has just enough girly to hang with Callie at her tea parties, but already shows a special bond with her big brother loving his superheros. She is a typical third child getting whatever she wants with those deep dimples of hers.
What an awesome tribute to your Mom!! How blessed you are to have her!
ReplyDelete