Monday, March 8, 2010

2,3,4,5,6...2,3,4,5,6

C is really exploding with his vocabulary.  We have stopped counting words(which means he has over 40) and Mrs. Heidi isn't asking us each week what he learned, he is actually telling her.  When we get in the car close to her office, he says.  "I play, Heidi".  We have been working on two word combos for weeks...I mean really working.  And it seems like he has grasped it and is taking off.  I did get a little sad when I heard him say, book.  He used to say boop and it was so cute, but thankful theraphy has been working.  But, he is really getting the right letters in the right order and we are so proud of how hard he has been working.  My favorite words he says right now are, James(from Thomas the Train), silly noodle, and vacuum, just because he says them so cute.  He is really starting to be able to tell us what he wants.  I want more juice, I want more choo choo, need help, bye bye daddy, love you, and night night lala.  With a new vocabulary, comes some more responsiblity that I am not sure he is ready for.  We expect him to tell us what he wants instead of whine and use his words.  He doesn't always want to comply, as I am sure most 2 year olds don't.  For us, we are constantly nagivation through normal 2 yr old behavior/versus the speech delay.  I can see the confidence rising up in him as he is starting to have real conversations with us.  Riding in the car, he has started to count things, 2,3,4,5,6 and then he starts over, 2,3,4,5,6...not sure what happen to 1, but it makes a mama happy to hear him learning.  Oh, he makes me so proud of how hard he has worked.  My sweet little chatterbox.      

2 comments:

  1. Don't you just love baby chatter! It is sad when they start to say things correctly. Luke used to leave the one out too! How funny is that? You have some precious little ones, Jennifer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you, Christian! Can't wait to hear you say all of those fun words. Keep up the hard work.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love! It's my favorite part!