Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Let's Take a Magic Carpet Ride


This wagon has been great...so far. We took it to the beach, the kids pull it around the yard, and Daddy has logged miles in wagon rides. But, I hate this wagon. I hate it because it reminds me of the time Christian took it for a joy ride and lost one of his 9 lives. Only a few parents will ever have to experience what I experience on a daily basis. Most of you have calm children who do not thrive off of danger, don't eat Comet, fall out of moving shopping carts(twice), open locked doors, turn the water on and leave it on, will come to you when asked(or at least when you yell at them), and don't have a hamster spinning a wheel in their brain thinking up the next escape. To the few that understand where I am coming from...I will pray for you as you pray for me. I have had to admit that I used to think it was a parenting issue. How do you not watch your child? But, to the few parents with boys like Christian, I now understand. Christian Ryan was born with his hands stretched out, he slept like that, keeps them out if you try to hold him, doesn't hold on to anything(see any of his swinging pictures), and he hasn't grown out of this... the bad part is that I think he is just starting to grow into it. I now understand why people have monkey backpacks, 4 gates, stove locks, bed nets, etc. I own all of those things. So, back to the wagon. C pushes this wagon into the street tons of times when we are outside. He stands at the edge of the driveway(knowing he can't go into the street) and asks you to go and get it for him. He would do this for hours. I on the other hand, will not do that for hours. So, I brought it back up to the garage and told him to stop pushing it down the driveway. I went to shut the door(that I accidentally left open to the house) and heard the wagon going down the driveway again. No biggie, but I was going towards him to spank him since he disobeyed me. Then, my eyes focused on the wagon for the spilt second that was carrying my small daredevil inside gaining speed, then they focused on the tan van barrelling down the street. Two moms worst nightmare...the mom in the van and the mom about to watch her child get hit by the said van. There was nothing I or the van could do...but God gave him another chance that day and the van stopped just inches before he rode into the neighbors driveway. Me and the lady across the street haven't been the same since and he of course was just giggling all the way down the driveway without a care in the world...some parents pray for their kids to be smart, do well in sports, be successful, I pray for his safety.

1 comment:

  1. Little boys get more lives than cats. I think Jax has gone through about 10 already. Um... ran out of the Kroger lobby right into the road. Then here's the keeper. We found him crawling around in the front yard when he was about 9 months old. good Lord in Heaven!!! how in the world?!?? I so understand! and I'm so very sorry he now can escape from his bed. my heart hurts for you, it really does.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some love! It's my favorite part!