There is nothing like seeing your son want to be just like his daddy. Thankfully, he has a great role model. Gregg Stahl is a winner, a keeper, the kind of husbands and dads girls dream about. He is the kind you bring home to mama. He is the "nice" guy even though he hates when I say that. He always gives in, gives himself away, and asks for nothing in return. I only thought I loved him before we had kids, but I love him more and more each day. I love him when he doesn't know I am listening to him sing Callie to sleep. Oh my darling, Oh my darling, Oh my darling Callie Reece, Daddy loves you, yes he sure do...Oh my darling Callie Reece. I love that he calls C his buckaroo and never complains when it is his turn to get up in the middle of the night. I love that he would die for our kids with no hesitation and that goes for most anyone else for that matter. He always puts other people before himself. I love that he is a hard worker and a better cook than me. I love that he leaves me cards and he has bought the same card 4 times since he only goes to Kroger and he forgets which ones he has already got. I love that he doesn't mind grocery shopping or taking C to school. I love that he likes to look at Christmas lights as much as I do. I love that he would give me the less burnt piece of toast because he knows I hate it. I love that he loves his mom and respects women. I love that he loves God and is the leader of our home. I love that when his heart is heavy, he will get up in the middle of the night and pray for someone. I love that our high school kids think he is cool and trust him. I love that he is fun, can do the worm and has been known to moon people. I love that he turns the music up everynight so we can all dance. I love that he is so protective of Callie and has called her beautiful at least once everyday of her life. I love that I haven't met one person who could ever say a bad thing about him. I love that he sees the glass 1/2 full. I love that he puts up with me.
My prayer is that C grows up just like him.
Here was one of those days of Daddy hanging with his son...mowing the lawn. Callie even helped by using her mower. And things were going just fine...until C decided to touch the mower and burn his fingers. He added "hot" to his list of words that day.
I am just a girl trying to matter to God, my husband, my kids, family and friends. Sometimes I hop two steps forward and crawl one step back or even have to make a twirl to get back on track. But, I hope to give more than I take and have some fun along the way. Stop by for a couple of dances and cut in when you can.
I met Gregg when I was 17 and have been madly in love with him ever since. He is selfless, works really hard, and will do anything for anyone. He really is “that” nice all the time and he makes me a better person. He loves anything outdoors and runs like Forrest any chance he gets. He makes a mean bbq, dances with the kids to Elmo, and leaves cards for us to find all over the house. He is everything I could have ever dreamed of, and I am so proud to be his wife.
Mr. Christian has bluest eyes and is full of life. He is “all boy” and jumps from one adventure to the next. He loves trains, watermelon, and his blankie. He is polite, kind, and has tons of charisma with his little grin. He is a great big brother and gives in to girls more than they deserve. He is Daddy’s little buddy and the joy of my heart.
Miss Callie is everything I ever dreamed up in a little girl. She is about everything and everybody and never sits still. She loves all things girly, babies, mommy’s cell phone, pink, and her pillow. She has a laugh that starts in her toes and will melt you with her smile. She dances through our house in princess dresses with a pen and pad in her hand. She is mama’s little helper and Daddy’s Sweet Pea.
Cate is the icing on the cake. God knew she would be the perfect compliment to our family. She loves necklaces, animals, and her loveys. She has just enough girly to hang with Callie at her tea parties, but already shows a special bond with her big brother loving his superheros. She is a typical third child getting whatever she wants with those deep dimples of hers.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave me some love! It's my favorite part!