Monday, December 21, 2009

C is for Cookie...


Grammy has been waiting to do cookie day with her grand kids for years. She started her annual cookie day for the Pond family when Larry died to add something fun to the holidays. I spent many cookie days with them and little Vance decorating the perfect cookie. Of course, the boys would decorate just a couple leaving hundreds for the girls to finish. This year, Christian and Callie got to invite some sweet friends, Jason and Eryleigh. Both of their families have become part of our family and we are so thankful for them this season. My mom goes all out...she has mini rolling pins, aprons, every sprinkle, candy option, great food, music, you name it...the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. If you are going to to it, do it right. One thing I love about my mom is that her house is yours. She has very nice decorated things in it, but she never makes you feel like you can't mess it up. Cookie day is no exception...sprinkles everywhere don't bother her at all. She has always had the attitude that kids are supposed to have fun. I hope I can be more like her everyday. I can't wait to see the cookies over the years. Make a mess...make a memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me some love! It's my favorite part!